News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DEUTSCHBEIN PILOT BADGE

Hello All,

Haven't seen or heard much about the infamous Deutschbein Pilot Badge recently. If they were fake, I guess we would be seeing more of them by now. Questions, comments.....

Regards,

Mark

A thought to this....

As we have seen in the past, there are certain firms that were simply "Stamping" firms.

Frank and Reif were one of these... i.e. they stamped out one piece badges, but did not do complicated things like Iron Crosses etc. Their names are on it because they made the whole simple badge.

Deutschbein was a belt buckle stamper, you can find metal and aluminum buckles made by them. You need heavy industrial tooling to make buckles, it is a specialty of its own.

As a "Stamping" firm, what are the chances that they put a pilot badge together? As a stamping firm maybe they can stamp out wreathes, or eagles.... but then they would just be a parts deliverer to one of the recognized specialized firms who did the fine work of browning and gilding and silvering making holes, putting on hinges and hooks, putting eagles on the wreathes etc.....

Schuco is also a simple stamping firm that has its name on badges.... once again they are simple one piece things...

I am not sure how the name got there... maybe period (Personally I find it would be worrying to me) but maybe pastwar to make it more interesting?

Best

Chris

A thought to this....

As we have seen in the past, there are certain firms that were simply "Stamping" firms.

Best

Chris

Chris,

Makes as much sense as any other explanation. I still look at Juncker products. They sold their Luft badges to Deumer, and more specifically IMME. The new makermarks were stamped on the Juncker badges.

Deutschbein...... German 'pants' or 'legs'.... ? WTF is that all about!

Mark

As you say, Mark...not many about, so are these post-war marked "BSW" badges? A collaboration between the two firms?

An example of this badge appears in Delev's last price guide, and I may be wrong... but didn't Francois once handle one that came from a pilot's group?

As far as the translation is concerned: I German Leg. Could that be 'I German (pulling your) leg? :rolleyes:

@ Chris, as with J(I)MME, the "I" and "J" are interchangeable.

As you say, Mark...not many about, so are these post-war marked "BSW" badges? A collaboration between the two firms?

An example of this badge appears in Delev's last price guide, and I may be wrong... but didn't Francois once handle one that came from a pilot's group?

As far as the translation is concerned: I German Leg. Could that be 'I German (pulling your) leg? :rolleyes:

Hi John,

I agree with each and all of your forementioned points! All I know is that I checked a map, and Euskirchen is near Bonn! One hellofa long distance collaboration with BSW in Wien!

We stand a better chance of figuring out who 'OM' is, than figuring out the Deutschbein connection...

Regards,

Mark

Partly right

I had 2 of them - one in a group - one cased - one sold but both (I think) are featured in Detlev's price guide

Frank H had shown a third one he thought also original

The starting point of Mark is valid, if they are fakes, they sould be all around, no?