News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Military and Paramilitary Academy and School Badges in the HUPR

• Replies 66
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ulsterman,

I just went back over this thread again and I noticed that the first badge in this series that you posted read BM Rendor etc. That adds another badge to the series that I hadn't listed. Something else I have to watch for now. There is also a badge with a green centre and I do not know what the printing on the bottom of this one says.

Regards,

Gordon

• 9 months later...

seb16trs,

Good place for this badge. It would be worn above the right breast pockey directly above the button. A lot of Hungarian Generals had the Soviet Staff Academy badge as well. For sure if he was a two star general. If they wore both academy badges they wore the Hungarian one on the collar side and the Soviet one next to it on the shoulder side.

Regards,

Gordon

• 1 year later...

I received this today... the Rendor Tiszti Academy badge. I believe this was an academy for Police/Internal Ministry. Sorry about the harsh lighting- the name plate is gun-metal gray which required the brighter light to be able to read. Would appreciate any info anyone can give on this. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 13 years later...

The uniform of a Hungarian People's Army tank corps colonel,image.png.6241e8f3427f5e39cc5d825d7c826c2e.png

The colonel holds two school graduation badges. One without an inscription indicates that he graduated from the Military Academy (the interior contains the civil education section,known in Hungarian as Katonai Akadémia Polgári végzettséget igazolós jelvény),Another badge with an inscription indicating that he graduated from the Miklós Zlini Military Academy.

image.thumb.png.37b662b2d888e92cd9f08d09129a2da9.png

Edited by steveBobby

6 hours ago, Argento said:

Thank you!

And something about the ribbon bar?

20231118_201214.jpg

first row:1.Workers and Peasants' Rule Comm. Medal;2.Order of Labor or Order of the Red Star;3 and 4.Dist. Service Order;

second row:1,2,3.Medal of Service,4.Medal for Service to the Country - gold 

third row:1, 2,3,4.defense service medal(for 35years/30years/25years/20years);

fourth row:1.Distinguished Labor Decoration;2.Hungarian Communist Youth Council Medal of Merit

• 2 weeks later...