News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen,

I bought this order 13 years ago over internet from known dealer. I did not check it, put it in a box and forget for 12 years.

Lately I wanted sell this order and I got divided answer from experts. Some said it is faked and some others said it is not.

I don't know. The facts are: the order is made from silver. Enamel is not enamel but some kind of red plastic.

The number is low 1943/1944 but it is T3. Could it be a duplicat made after the war?

Your comments are highly welcomed.

Wlodzimierz,

I do not like this Nevski. All letters of the word "Alexander Nevski" look disturbed. The last two i i ind the word Nevskii

looks bad. Parts of the feets of the letter i are missing (compare is with a genuine Nevski - see picture).

The K looks disturbed. The red enamel looks bad.

The mint mark on the back looks disturbed. My guess it is a good casting made out of silver with defects.

Soviet awards have no wearing Duplicates. All duplicates are mint made, with changed serial number.

Only my oppinion, there may be other oppinions.

Better pictures would be helpful, may be the letters are only on the picture disturbed due to low resolution of the pic??

best regards

Andreas

Edited by Alfred

Hello,

in the past, I've seen cast copies of the Nevskij Order, then silver-plated. They have a rather good appearance BUT, it's just necessary to touch the rim with a thumb's nail, that a sign remains, showing that the piece is made of soft metal (tin alloy). The same is for XX years RKKA medal and other orders, like Suvorov and Kutuzov.

This type of copies appeared on the market (in Italy, through eastern Europe's dealers) in the early '90s.

Best wishes,

Enzo

Hello,

in the past, I've seen cast copies of the Nevskij Order, then silver-plated. They have a rather good appearance BUT, it's just necessary to touch the rim with a thumb's nail, that a sign remains, showing that the piece is made of soft metal (tin alloy). The same is for XX years RKKA medal and other orders, like Suvorov and Kutuzov.

This type of copies appeared on the market (in Italy, through eastern Europe's dealers) in the early '90s.

Best wishes,

Enzo

Enzo,

Your method of authentification will lend you in heaps of trouble today. Fakes are made in silver, some of them even coined and not cast.

Marc

Wlodzimierz,

I do not like this Nevski. All letters of the word "Alexander Nevski" look disturbed. The last two i i ind the word Nevskii

looks bad. Parts of the feets of the letter i are missing (compare is with a genuine Nevski - see picture).

The K looks disturbed. The red enamel looks bad.

The mint mark on the back looks disturbed. My guess it is a good casting made out of silver with defects.

Soviet awards have no wearing Duplicates. All duplicates are mint made, with changed serial number.

Only my oppinion, there may be other oppinions.

Better pictures would be helpful, may be the letters are only on the picture disturbed due to low resolution of the pic??

best regards

Andreas

Woldzimierz,

Andreas definitely hit the nail on the head here. Quality of your pictures does not allow for a definite diagnosis here. Please post better resolution pics of this order (especially the medallion and the mintmark/serial number are).

My immediate feeling is that your order looks a bit rough, but then again that could be because of the pic quality. One (almost...) definite minus for me is the way the screwpost is soldered to the back.

Marc

Lieber Waldemar,

as Andreas pointed out: The sloppy letters are - in my view - a 100 % guarantee, that your Nevsky is a "copy".

I had a closer look at my own two T2 Nevskys http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=14011 and at some T3 in the internet: The letters are in all cases very precise & correct. Even if the picture of prince Nevsky is rather worne, the letters are still sharp & crispy.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

• 3 months later...

Bigger photos are not going to change the fact that for all of the reasons stated above; as well as all of the casting flaws, pock marks, etc. now visible..... the piece is a copy. Perhaps you should contact your original seller and discuss this with him.

Wlodzimierz,

Sorry, it is definitely a fake. In addition to the points Stogieman made, I'll add that the mintmark is wrong, the engraving is not what it should be, and as I mentioned earlier, the way the screwpost is soldered is definitely not Monetniy Dvor production.

Marc