News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dienstaltersliste T - Heer

There is a published list from 1944 of WH officers from Major up. But I'm not sure - is this a generally known list: The Dienstaltersliste T ("Truppenoffiziere" aka combat officers) of ALL officers from Leutnant up (as of May 1944)?

File5607a.jpg

Edited by webr55

There is a published list from 1944 of WH officers from Major up. But I'm not sure - is this a generally known list: The Dienstaltersliste T ("Truppenoffiziere" aka combat officers) of ALL officers from Leutnant up (as of May 1944)?

Where are you guys finding all of these? :jumping: How many pages are there?

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: All that I have ever seen OR heard about is the 1980s published Majors up.

have you GOT this List?

Wigbert Schlitt.....

Guest Rick Research

SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN SCAN

Are there FIRST NAMES for the Majors up, too? Because the published version does NOT show those. How many pages, "just" the Hauptleute down?

Every new day there is a research miracle. :jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping:

The list does not contain the additions that are listed in the published one, like post May 1944 promotions.

Also, there are no other first names than those listed in the published one. For some reason, first names are shown for all Leutnants, Oberleutnants and Hauptleute up to some point.

Edited by webr55

Chris,

DAL T was formerly known as DAL I. It listed the follwing officers:

aa) All generals.

bb) All officers, who in the second world war were employed as troop leaders in the field army and whose employment as a troop leader in the field army also in the future was planned on the basis of their adjudged full qualifications.

cc) All general staff officers (these were just the officers, who were assigned to the general staff and wore the uniform of the general staff).

dd) All officers wounded in the second world war so far as they, at the time of their wounding belonged to the officers in paragraphs bb and cc above and as a result of their wounding could no longer be employed in troop units of the field army.

ee) Severely disabled officers of the world war 1914/18, if they could fulfill certain conditions.

I have seen the DAL T published in separate volumes for the Captians, Oberleutnants and Leutnants or bound all together as one large volume. Unfortunately the names of the Captains and Lieutenants are not indexed.

Regards

Glenn

In similar vein,

it is of course well known that Podzun published the 3 January 1939 Stellenbesetzung of the German Army under the title Das Deutsche Heer 1939 but here is a page from the 12 October 1937 edition not often seen.

Regards

Glenn

And I didn't know about that 1937 list either. A lot of interesting material - worth scanning, I think.

Some library catalogs also list a "Dienstaltersliste S", but it has only 112 pages, so I suppose that is only from Majors up, and those are already in the published 1944 list.

Guest Rick Research

Undreamed of, my friends, UNDREAMED OF. :jumping::jumping::jumping:

I am thinking a 15 CD set would be a very nice Christmas gift this year. :rolleyes::catjava::cheers: