News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

These are members of the Croat Naval Legion (Hrvatska Pomorska Legija) which was formed on June 2nd 1941. The "Legion" was in fact very small, just a couple of dozen officers, around 100 POs and just over 200 seamen. They were used for minesweeping and mine laying operations in the Black Sea.

I believe they were disbanded as a group in 1943 and individual sailors dispersed to various Kriegsmarine ships.

They had their own special badge, pinned to the tunic, which they continued to wear as a commemorative piece even after disbandment.

That is one rare grouping of photos. I did not even know that the Croatians had volunteer forces in the KM.

Hello!

Paul R

Thank you for comment.My self did not know that Croatian had volunteer.

All the best :beer:

Nesredep

These are members of the Croat Naval Legion (Hrvatska Pomorska Legija) which was formed on June 2nd 1941. The "Legion" was in fact very small, just a couple of dozen officers, around 100 POs and just over 200 seamen. They were used for minesweeping and mine laying operations in the Black Sea.

I believe they were disbanded as a group in 1943 and individual sailors dispersed to various Kriegsmarine ships.

They had their own special badge, pinned to the tunic, which they continued to wear as a commemorative piece even after disbandment.

Hello!

Gordon

Thank You very much for help and comment. I honestly learned a lot here ! Thanks. Very nice and rare badge You share.

All the best :beer::jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping:

Nesredep

Thanks for that addition, Gordon. How did you come across your badge? Talk about rare! :rolleyes:

Surprisingly, though they are far from common, they don't bring particularly high prices. You can pick one of these up at around the $300 mark, cheaper than most regular KM war badges.

Surprisingly, though they are far from common, they don't bring particularly high prices. You can pick one of these up at around the $300 mark, cheaper than most regular KM war badges.

Hello!

Gordon

Thank You for this information.

All the best :beer:

Nesredep

• 4 weeks later...

The reason for that is that at least 80-90% of the Croatian Naval Legion badges on the market are fakes.