News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Small group with Order of the October Revolution

• Replies 53
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

OK, I get lost with so MANY pages, and then trying to read my scribbled notes am very likely to miss, mis-type, or mistake something. A lot of the information is scrambled around and either duplicated or partially given from one set of papers to another.

Ivan Semyenovich Mukhin was born 11 April 1926 at Vol'noye, Novo-Moskovsky Raion, Dnepropetrovsky Oblast. Ukrainian, member of CPSU since 1948 but never in Komsomol. Wife Maria Zakharovna and two unnamed sons born 1951 and 1954.

Drafted 22 September 1943 at Novo-Moskovsky Raionkom of Dneprpetrovsk, discharged for wounds 19 May 1945:

Served as telephonist in Artillery Regiment 333 to February 1944 (no division indicated, so ???)

Evacuation Hospital 5129 to May 1944 (1st severe but unspecified wound 13.2.44)

82mm mortar man in 700 Rifles Regiment, 204th "Vitebsk" Rifles Division to January 1945 (also quakified on 120mm mortars as private) Second severe unspecified wound 25.1.45

Evacuation Hospital 1863 until discharge.

Awards are noted, although he shows a Valiant labor I don't see one being worn!

Various reporting in and out, final release from military service obligation 31.1.77.

In Decmber 1963 living in Dnepropetrovsk. (Apparently always lived there.)

He was employed as a lathe operator at the Dnepropetrovsk Factory "in the name of Karl Liebknecht" in the roller unit. So whatever THAT did in whatever the FACTORY made is presumably what he got his OOR for. The ORS must be belatedly for his two WW2 wounds-- that seems to have become a 1960s reason for awards, though not in any statute change I've seen.

Privet,

Some comments:

- problem with photo, it was re-glued

- page 9 is filled unprofessionally!!!

- Military card was issued in 1968, that time the man was a roller worker assistant (?)

- Awards in the Mil.Card are written with mistakes: "50 years of Soviet Army and..." instead of "50 years of Armed Forces"

- Not all awards are in Mil.Card and Form-6

- With 2 serious wounds the man was accounted up to 60 (although it is marked "category 1")

still open questions:

- Red Star (a military order) in 1968? - forgotten case maybe

- OOR in 1974 (???) if he was a roller worker assistant in 1968???

It seems to be a badge under GPW-1(85), victory jubilee or some "Kutuzov" or "Zhukov" un-official badges. There are so many badges that I cannot find it at once...

In any case you got a few nice soviet orders, I personally like very much OOR. Unfortunately there 2 types of OOR only, so I keep 2 ORR in my collection but like to have 10-20!!!

regards, Dima

• 1 month later...

Privet,

Some comments:

- problem with photo, it was re-glued

- page 9 is filled unprofessionally!!!

- Military card was issued in 1968, that time the man was a roller worker assistant (?)

- Awards in the Mil.Card are written with mistakes: "50 years of Soviet Army and..." instead of "50 years of Armed Forces"

- Not all awards are in Mil.Card and Form-6

- With 2 serious wounds the man was accounted up to 60 (although it is marked "category 1")

still open questions:

- Red Star (a military order) in 1968? - forgotten case maybe

- OOR in 1974 (???) if he was a roller worker assistant in 1968???

It seems to be a badge under GPW-1(85), victory jubilee or some "Kutuzov" or "Zhukov" un-official badges. There are so many badges that I cannot find it at once...

In any case you got a few nice soviet orders, I personally like very much OOR. Unfortunately there 2 types of OOR only, so I keep 2 ORR in my collection but like to have 10-20!!!

regards, Dima

Hello Dima,

i am sorry, i have missed your reply completely. :speechless:

You are right, the photo was re-glued, but i am quite certain, its indeed Mukhin in younger years.

Do you think, the mistakes, you mention, are a serious issue? I got this group form a very honest and knowlegable dealer, so i am sure, he didn?t make up anything of the group.

And i can only agree, i like the OOR too very much. I have two in my collection too, but i would like to trade the undocumented one for a Variation 1 (with extra money, of course)

I will make a search for the badges, you mentioned. Thanks for that :beer:

best,

Gerd

• 5 months later...

Here is the photo of the former owner Ivan Semenovich Muhkin, wearing all his awards above. He wears another commemorative badge. Can someone recognize it?:

Hi Gerd,

I think I can come to the rescue on this one. I was just about to post my example of this medal(?) when I decided to do a search to see if someone already had. That's how I found out you were looking for an ID on what turns out to be (I believe) this same piece. :rolleyes:

Without further ado... here it is:

IPB Image

IPB Image

It's been so long since I got this one that I can't remember exactly what it is... I believe it's just a Zhukov commemorative medal, but it's very well made and a bit on the heavy side of things. Not a cheap piece of plastic but good metal construction, albeit with paint instead of enamel... but very nice nonetheless. :love::love:

I'm going to go ahead and post this as a separate post and hopefully one of the guys will be kind enough to translate the inscription which may give a clue to the name of the "award".

Anyhow hope this helps. :cheers:

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the Order of Battle of the 152nd and the 204th Rifle Divisions, he served in, i notice, that Comrade Mukhin was Soldier in the 1st Guards Army and in the 1st Guards Rifle Corps at some time, could the commemorative badge be for one of these units? Can someone show a commemorative badge for these units?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the photo of the former owner Ivan Semenovich Muhkin, wearing all his awards above. He wears another commemorative badge. Can someone recognize it?:

Hi Gerd,

Here's another try on this one:

[attachmentid=42783]

The Vet in the center... below the Red Star and to the right of the 25th Anniversary of WWII.

Found this on Ebay as one of the photos in a book:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heroes-of-Soviet-Union...1QQcmdZViewItem

No idea if it's the one... but looks close. Figured it can't hurt to try. :P

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. :cheers:

Dan

Edited by Hauptman

Thanks, Dan :cheers: Still not the right one, i fear, but keep them coming :beer:

all the best,

Gerd

Hi Gerd,

We'll definitely keep trying. :D Now let's see... 2 down... 999,998 to go! :P:beer:

I'm sure we'll hit on it sooner or later. :cheers:

Dan

Yep, maybe we are lucky :cheers: Although there must be thousands of these out there :speechless: I have a few on file, maybe we should start a thread?

Gerd

Hey, I'm game! :P I'd actually found another which had been posted but doesn't have the enamel/paint on it and is obviously not the one. But in a black and white photo I can see where the ribbon/hanger would catch the eye:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2751&hl=guards

It's in post #7.

Needless to say... the games afoot! :beer:

Dan

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: AaaHA!

"In the Soviet Army from September 1943 to 19 May 1945. At the front of the Patriotic War from October 1943 to 13.2.44 and June 1944 to 25 January 1945 on 3rd Ukrainian Front in offensive actions as a telegraphist in 333rd Art Regiment, 152nd Rifles 'Red Banner Dneprontetrovsky' (Division off page). In area of village B. Kostromka, badly wounded by machine-gun (off page) in chest square {{{rib cage???}}}. Recovered in Evacuation Hospital (off page) 13.2.-10.5.44. Wound confirmed by certificate from Hospital No. 5129 of 10.5.44 #5/14. (off page) on 1st Baltic Front in offensive actions as a mortar crewman in 7700th Rifles Regiment, 204th Rifles 'Vitebsky' Division in area of (off page) 25.1.45 was severely wounded by shrapnel with injury to right (off page) joint and right lower leg. Recovered in Evacuation Hospital from 25.1. to 19.5.45. Wound confirmed by certificate from Hospital No. 1863 if 19.5.45 #1257. As a result of receiving (off page) 19.5.45, was declared unfit for mil/service with exception of consideration (off page) 49 gr. I Command 336 of 1942. From May 1945 to May 1948 appeared as invalid of the Patriotic War in IInd Group. From May 1948 to 1950 appeared as invalid of Patriotic War 3rd Group. At present time degree of disability unknown. Works in factory (off page) as helper-roller. In work, character positive. (off page) active participant in public life.

Application with agreement of Secretary of the raion Committee of the KPU Comr. KSAVERCHUK I. Z. and President of the Political Committee Comr. CHUGAEZYM P. L..

Per controlling organs, agree--no objections.

CONCLUSION: As participant in the Patriotic War, received two severe wounds, deserves to be awarded Order 'of the Red Star.'

Amur-Nizhnedneprovsky Raion MilCom, Lieutenant Colonel 'Ryzhik' (off page) February 1967

Deserves to be awarded Order 'of the Red Star.' Per numbers awarded by GUK of the Min of Def, consequently not possible in the year 1967. Dnepropetrovsky Oblast MilCom LtCol 'Vakhnyik' 8 June 1967

Desrves to be awarded Order 'of the Red Star,' Kiev MilDist Lieutenant general 'V. Kulikov'

By Ukaz of the PSS of the USSR 15.2.68 awarded Order of the Red Star."

Sooooo.... there was definitely some UNPUBLISHED alteration in conditions for awards being made in the 1967-68 period...

The KGB had to approve these for "worthiness"

and

there was an annual QUOTA that local areas were authorized to hand out.

Much new here! :beer::jumping: