News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What I just put on layaway

Hey guys... I just put this on layaway this week... this is an early and well worn Army black panzer uniform (3-piece set including jacket, trousers and overseas cap) belonging to an Oberfeldwebel. It has an EK2 ribbon in the buttonhole and loops for two badges. The cap has the pink soutache and the cockade is on a green backing (early). What do y'all think of this?

Bob

That is the most complete panzer ensemble I have seen offered. I saw it on Bill's site! The thought of selling my LW stuff to get this set was an valid option for me for a day or so!

Well I collect Wehrmacht uniforms (armed forces) so this is my first Army one and I think it's a great start. Of course it will be awhile before I actually see it. Here is the description as written by Bill Shea:

"U-087 Combat Panzer Outfit for Oberfeldwebel

It has been a very long time since I've been able to buy what I feel was a three-piece Panzer set that I believe came from the same person. It only takes one look to figure out that: a) this is real, and b) these pieces have always been together. They show absolute consistent use and wear. Even the sizes make sense. I can picture this decorated Sergeant as a tall lanky individual that wore this outfit for a long time. The used overseas cap still retains the correctly applied pink waffenfarbe. The pinch in the top of the fold of the cap is kept in place with a safety pin that has been on there since "day one". Interestingly, it also utilized the green backed cockade observed on early caps. I believe he wore this cap from his first days of service until late in the conflict. The tunic, with its slip-on boards for the rank of Oberfeldwebel (with one pip), retain the earlier shiny tressing. The nicely applied collar tabs with early tomback skulls are machine applied. The same goes for the handsome grey bevo breast eagle. This type first appeared in 1941 and so the other components of the tunic and overseas cap are still in sync with this configuration. This desirable wrapper has two sets of loops for combat awards. I'd speculate these are for Panzer Assault and a First Class Iron Cross. The rayon liner is marked with the size marks, but I cannot make them out. The very rarely encountered black wool panzer pants still have the ties at the bottom of the tapered legs. This is a textbook example with size and issue stamps which are hard to make out. If you are looking for a mint example, this is not going to be for you. If you seek a nice salty example with light to moderate wear and a few repairs here and there, as worn by a battle hardened Panzer guy, then please give this set some serious consideration."

Hey guys... I just put this on layaway this week... this is an early and well worn Army black panzer uniform (3-piece set including jacket, trousers and overseas cap) belonging to an Oberfeldwebel. It has an EK2 ribbon in the buttonhole and loops for two badges. The cap has the pink soutache and the cockade is on a green backing (early). What do y'all think of this?

Bob

Hello!

Congrars,very nice good Panzer.I like it a lot. :jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping:

All the best :beer:

Nesredep

• 3 weeks later...

It'll be awhile. I have another black panzer jacket that I have to finish up on before I even start paying on this one... the other is an SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer from the Das Reich Division.

Bob

Oh Godness!!! Do you have that one posted here yet? :jumping:

And I still search an uneffektierte armoured jacket, because I already have the stocks. But real armoured jackets are to be found very heavy...

An SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer from the Das Reich Division will be very expensive.

Good luck

Here are Bill Shea's photos of the SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer black panzer jacket from the Das Reich Division. Only about 4 months away now... I'll be going to the Nation's Military & Arms Show in Chantilly, Virginia in October and will display this with a couple of other panzer and assault gun jackets at Willi Schumacher's table. He had a great display last year with 4 Totenkopf tunics! If you really like Totenkopf uniforms, you should have been there to see that exhibit. WOW!

Bob