News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Musical Soup

Guest Rick Research

cheeky.gif That is pretty funny!

Actually, I do have a question about this. What did the Red Army have in terms of bands or other such musical groups during WWII? Has anyone ever seen an award to a musician? I have found one (a campaign medal that I didn't buy) but that is it.

-Alex

Guest Darrell

I wonder if some German Soldiers are just outside the picture pointing guns at him laughing? Seems to be not so much in a jovial mood if he was merely horsing around... ?? :unsure:

Edited by Darrell

OK, I'll bite. No pun intended. What the heck IS going on here?

Four elements: The water truck, the guy (call him a cook based on his hat, I guess) who seems to be goofing for the camera, the oversized ladle and the pot wth handles on a stand. The locale is somewhere in "the field". There are no obvious security concerns (he IS goofing after all) or weapons and his uniiform is clean.

The ladle is too big for individual servings of whatever the liquid of the day is, so I guess it's for making smaller group portions out of a larger pot. So, is he bringing soup (or water, I suppose) via that pot from a central mess to a small unit? If water, I don't think they would use a ladle but there is that water truck to consider. I'm thinking soup. There would have been room for the pot on the truck behind the water tank.

Really, am I the only one who doesn't know what's going on here? Wouldn't be the first time.

Chuck

Edited by Chuck In Oregon

Guest Rick Research

It's one of the "Excellent" badges, but can't tell which-- 1960s?

Closest I've ever seen is this "cheerful" little group, with a similar implement:

• 2 weeks later...