News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Summer Project

I would love to find one of those boxes at a flea market!! Lets see the other 19 Ryker mounts!

patience, mr. r.!

this is only a current example of the sad state of my collecting affairs. quite a mess and quite a challenge to sort out. most of everything is still in storage at a different location.

if all goes as planned i hope to have my own nifty little collecting hovel where things will be displayed correctly. :cheers:

thank you for all of the positive comments!

at first i was hesitant to post this thread as the method/state of storage is rather negligent and embarrassing, but i am excited to go through everything and sort it all out. i am continually finding stuff that i forgot i had. it's fun to 'rediscover' stuff!

i hope to use several methods of display/storage. some of my ideas are derived from viewing some of the marvelous and ingenious ways forum members have shown their collections on previous threads. i like the use of antique photo albums, for example. nice portable display!

the more permanent 'bunker' concept done up with period/older furniture is also quite appealing. that will be relatively easy.

on a sad note: i have recently discovered that a few years ago, the storage facility had an incident where the sprinkler system was set off in error. i have noticed that approx. 25-30 EK1/2s spanning '70/'14/'39 have sustained a bit of light rust damage to their cores. nothing ultra-drastic--most likely restorable, and the business owner assures me that i will be reimbursed by insurers. we will see how that goes....

i'm just glad i stumbled across that 1914 'propeller-clasp' EK1; otherwise those cores prolly would have kept rusting away...

cheers, everyone!

... it's fun to 'rediscover' stuff!..

I agree. It's almost like to be buying it all again.

You have all the possibilities ahead.

I love this part of collecting as much as to have the pieces themselves. :cheers:

Good luck!

Please, please, awaiting more show and tell. Also, on the same row as the Godet with fangs, and to the right of the AWS, I would love to see an up close shot of the obverse and reverse of that one in particular. Just from the photo, it appears to possibly be an early Godet, but can't say for sure. Patiently awaiting your generosity. O.K. actually I'm greedy and would love to see them all. :cheers:

Edited by ekhunter