News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A group...Suvorov III class is lost?

I?ve see this group, looking for another thing...

What do you think??

Miguel

Miguel,

The pictures are not the best, but I can see quite a few problems already:

. ORS: later type, original SN erased and replaced

. OPW: fake pin, fake suspension, soldered ring, SN does not correspond to the type

. Booklet: I've got a funny feeling about it. I don't like the ink mostly

Marc

Edited by Lapa

Miguel,

The pictures are not the best, but I can see quite a few problems already:

. ORS: later type, original SN erased and replaced

. OPW: fake pin, fake suspension, soldered ring, SN does not correspond to the type

. Booklet: I've got a funny feeling about it. I don't like the ink mostly

Marc

Mark.

Why are we discussing this group in the research section.

This should be in the Soviet orders medals section

off%20topic.gif

Mark.

off%20topic.gif

True. But from the emerging picture, maybe it belonge better in the "fakes" section?

True. But from the emerging picture, maybe it belonge better in the "fakes" section?

Agreed.

As a general suggestion, could the title of this forum perhaps be broadened to "Documented and/or Researched Awards and Groups?"

Edited by RedMaestro

Agreed.

As a general suggestion, could the title of this forum perhaps be broadened to "Documented and/or Researched Awards and Groups?"

Personally, I feel the "researched" focus should be maintained. documented (only) items can go with undocumented items (until they are researched?).

Yes, transfer this group to the fakes section:

1. The pages in the book were bleached and new entries were added.

2. I don't like how the OGPW2nd looks, but I will defer to people more savvy with these to point out the flaws.

3. The Red Star is a later variation with the serial number erased and re-engraved.

Junk!

Dave

Mark.

off%20topic.gif

Kristof,

I was simply answering Miguel's questions about the authenticity of this group.

Under the pretext that this is the "Researched Awards & Groups" thread - and even though this group has NOT been researched - should we simply show anything and everything, including obviously fake items, and keep our foot in our mouth? I personally don't think so.

Now, I guess the thing to do would be to mover this thread to the "Fake" section.

Marc

It is a shame that someone would ruin a legit order(s) to make this fake group. At the very least, the Red Star did belong to someone... now we will never know it's true story... I will move it to the fakes section.

It is a shame that someone would ruin a legit order(s) to make this fake group. At the very least, the Red Star did belong to someone... now we will never know it's true story... I will move it to the fakes section.

Thanks to all...Sorry if I?ve post this in the wrong forum, but sometimes...the "border" became somewhat blurred...?

Regards

Miguel