News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Badischer Kriegerbund

Guest Rick Research

Had one of these "50"s from a million years ago--it went to live with Ted.

Have never seen the case before! :cheers:

The crosses are not too hard to find - but the cases are. Hardly ever seen!

:love:

...still looking for it's sibling with the red enameled arms--will post it as soon as it resurfaces.

Resurfaces? Do you have seen one yet? I was once told that exists, but that was an elderly collector whose brain isn't the youngest anymore. I've seen dozens of the three common variants - two in white and one in a pale blue - but never never ever that strange red one... pictures, anyone? I won't believe in a cross I've never seen. ;)

yes, sascha w.

i meant it when i typed the word, 'resurfaces'. my collection is stored in three different locations and in a state of great disarray. haven't been collecting for three years. am in the middle of sorting through everything as time permits.

sorry you have never seen one; hope to oblige you eventually.

Thanks Eric, I have never stopped enjoying the Veteran items. Just have a lot more regt, jubliee and such medals along with the patriotic items. Don't have a lot of enamel veteran items. With time I hope that changes! Your Baden piece is wonderful. Mike

thank you mike,

you've always been a fan of vet stuff-and have had some extremely handsome and rare items, imo.

still growing almonds?

i will pop some more stuff up eventually...retrograde amnesia is a bitch!

cheers!

p.s. those docs are unmatched. splendid!

p.p.s. sascha, the red is akin to the enamel seen on observer badges. it's a strange yet beautiful shade of red.

still looking! :banger:

Your right, I have always had a passion for veteran items. When I realized that cased Imperial medals were way above my budget, I focused on the veteran, reservist and misc related items and have only parted with doubles. I have a modest collection but the fun thing is I can still find items I don't have and not have to break the bank to get them. The documents were one of those things that just happened. Not to bore everyone, I had done some business with a fellow in Germany for a few years. Last year I was at a flea market in Germany with a friend. We stopped and started talking (they were) and my friend introduced me to his friend. Well, his friend look at me and said, you live in California? Are you Mike Dunn?? Small world.. This turned out to be a person I had done business with over the internet and he is the person I got the documents from. Ya just never know! Please post more of your veteran items, I know you wonderful collection is a sight to see. Oh--yes still growing almonds here in central California. Market is good, the strong euro is good for that end of the business as Europe is a large buyer of California almonds. Looking forward to you new scans! Mike

• 1 month later...

i think it's in a paper bag with a rather rare bavarian mvk3 w/o swords nor crown. last time i saw it i took it to a show and nobody was impressed by either items.

Eric, no problems with the delay, but I don't like the feeling not to know something. :blush:

I neither like to bring the bad news but can explain you why noone was much impressed at least by the Bavarian MVK: that was an altered piece which used to have swords with a possibility of at least 99,8%. And it doesn't matter if one recognizes if there were swords in the whole. I'm not sure but heard there was one or none of those ever awarded. Though, even here at GMIC a handful has them in their collection. Strange, isn't it? I hope you didn't pay for it what THE real ONE would go for. ;)

• 9 years later...
    • 1 year later...
    On 08/09/2008 at 08:10, saschaw said:

Eric, no problems with the delay, but I don't like the feeling not to know something. :blush:

I'd still love to see one in red enamel. Any news within the past eleven years, from you, Eric, or someone else?

Henning Volle covers the crosses in his new 2019 book "Die Orden und tragbaren Ehrenzeichen des Großherzogtums und der Republik Baden. Freiburg im Breisgau 2019" (p. 596-600), but doesn't show or yet mention a red one - only the well known two types in white and one in pale blue enamel...

Edited by saschaw