News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

It is still too blurry to be certain

But being IR 78, I think the senior Sergeant is wearing the Brunswick Ernst August Cross 1st Class--

Though it could also be the Oldenburg Friedrich August Cross 1st Class

though it is simply too blurry to tell.

It is still too blurry to be certain

But being IR 78, I think the senior Sergeant is wearing the Brunswick Ernst August Cross 1st Class--

]

Though it could also be the Oldenburg Friedrich August Cross 1st Class

though it is simply too blurry to tell.

I'd go with the EA. Doesn't appear to be a wreath.

Edited by Tom Y

I'd agree with Kapitular mainly because of the size of the cross. The Friedrich August Cross 1st Class is a simular size to the EKI, where as the Brunswick Ernst August Cross 1st Class is a smaller size. There does appear to be, if you look closely an outer ring of the wreath for the Friedrich August Cross in the picture.

Mike

Edited by Mike Huxley

I didn't think the EA 1st class was awrded before war's end...

For what it?s worth, according to Hessenthal/Schreiber, the ?EA 1st class? was founded on 20 March 1918, so I am inclined to think that at least some were awarded before war?s end. Since this postcard is dated 6 June 1918, such an award is a possibility.

At the same time, I do agree that it does seem that many, if not most, of these crosses were awarded after November 1918.