News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian Cavalry

ccj

Wonderful uniform! Looks like all buttons are present too! Are there two grommets or thread loops for the MilMerit 4th class? Or is it pinned through the pocket material?

Pinned through material. The holes line up perfectly with this badge and there's discoloration from a badge being there. It's a little off center but looks right when on a mannequin.

Thanks for your kind words. It took me a long time to find.

Pinned through material. The holes line up perfectly with this badge and there's discoloration from a badge being there. It's a little off center but looks right when on a mannequin.

Thanks for your kind words. It took me a long time to find.

Thank you for the information. Have seen only a few MilMerit pinbacks on uniforms with either grommets or thread loops. Thread loops more usual than grommets, similar to provisions for wearing stars. Again, a great item....did you find anything in the pockets? By the way, I saw similar belts on uniforms displayed in the old military museum in Sofia (ca. 1987).

Hmm , the belt looks very similar to a Swedish Officer belt from 1939, I have to take pics of mine and

compare them. I?ll be back or maybe someone knows direct?

Christer

I'll have to do some checking but I think its French or British.

• 3 months later...
    • 4 months later...

Here is a very rare cavalry uniform, landed here a couple of days ago :cheers: It is a combat tunic for a Leibguardian cavalry officer. Much less spectacular than their fancy red tunics, but also much more rare. The first one I ever see! Too bad for the condition, but again the rarity of the type is more important for me.

It is for an officer, with metal threading on the boards and collar. Notice that, traditionally for the combat uniform of the Leibguardians, the buttons are hidden, just like the WW1 uniforms. But it is dated 1939.

Nothing can be known, unfortunately. No story, no name. But spoke about this model with some local gurus and it is in fact even more rare than I thought at first :rolleyes:

Theodor, that a right nice tunic you have. I'll bet that unit was very smartly dressed for field duty.

What else have you???