News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet & Eastern Block Quiz

Listing of question #116 in your summary

Dear Christophe,

please list my last question #116 under:

- capture (or battle) of Vienna

- Lt.-General Nikolay Ivanovich Biryukov

- Vice-Admiral Georgi Nikititch Kholostyakov

Many thanks :cheers:

Best regards :beer:

Christian

• Replies 2.1k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(...)

We are speaking about pure Soviet Orders and not about Republican Orders :unsure: ?

Christian

Hi Christian,

Good point. :rolleyes: I don't know what is a "pure" Soviet Order... :rolleyes: But, one of the orders involved has been instituted as a "Republican" one, but still awarded, adapted and "continued" under the USSR era (1922-1991). :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Ch.

Good point. :rolleyes: I don't know what is a "pure" Soviet Order... :rolleyes: But, one of the orders involved has been instituted as a "Republican" one, but still awarded, adapted and "continued" under the USSR era (1922-1991). :rolleyes:

Dear Christophe,

many thanks for the clarification :cheers: .

So, we have to match the list with the Republican #1 recipients with the Soviet #1 recipients :D .

The second comrade in question has to be a not soooo young and not soooo famous Soviet comrade.

He kept his Republican #1 and did not change him to an Soviet # XXXX :unsure: ?

Is there a good website - like Andrew's Mondvor-site - of the Republicans out in the www?

I assume, that it has to be one of the many RBs of the early Republics.

Christian

BTW: I think the winner should be, who finds the second comrade in question - much more difficult, than the finding of Marshal Zhukov :D .

Edited by Christian Zulus

Vasily Blyukher - Russian RB & Red Star: Both #1

Dear Christophe,

it seems the comrade in question has to be Blyukher (Bl?cher) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Blyukher , who got:

- RB of the RF #1 at the 30th of september 1918

- RS #1 at the 13th of may 1930

Christian

Vasily Blyukher - Russian RB & Red Star: Both #1

Dear Christophe,

it seems the comrade in question has to be Blyukher (Bl?cher) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Blyukher , who got:

- RB of the RF #1 at the 30th of september 1918

- RS #1 at the 13th of may 1930

Christian

Christian,

Congratulations for your new victory!!!! :beer: You are the winner!!!! :jumping:

It is very impressive the same hero of the Civil War got the two SN 001 orders of such prestigious awards.

Bravo, Christian. Your turn, now. :beer:

Cheers.

Ch.

Gentlemen,

The Order of Victory isn't serial numbered.

Auke :beer:

Hi Auke,

You're totally correct.

It is agreed that the first Order of Victory awarded has been to Marshal of the Soviet Union Zhukov, on 10 April 1944. Alexsander Vasilevsky, Marshal of the Soviet Union, also got his first Order of Victory on the same day.

Cheers.

Ch.

Gentlemen,

The Order of Victory isn't serial numbered.

Auke :beer:

Dear Auke,

that's true, but the s/n. is on the award document ;) .

And Zhukov's document shows a big #1 :D .

Might be, that some of the "Victories" have painted s/n. on their rv. :unsure: ?

Christian

Has anyone ever seen a good image of a Victory reverse? Most of the images out there (some/many/most stolen) are from the Eisenhower Victory, and every image I have ever seen has the screwplate attached, obscuring number (or not).

Dear Christophe,

many thanks for your congratulations :cheers: .

I tried hard, because you are getting very close to my score ;) .

Christian

Christian,

Congratulations for your new victory!!!! :beer: You are the winner!!!! :jumping:

It is very impressive the same hero of the Civil War got the two SN 001 orders of such prestigious awards.

Bravo, Christian. Your turn, now. :beer:

Cheers.

Ch.

New question #118

Soviet high-end awards of the GPW: Who got different classes of them during the GPW :unsure:?

Gentlemen,

let's stay at (pure ;) ) Soviet Orders of the GPW.

Let's focus at the Orders of Suvorov, Uzhakov, Kutuzov and Nakhimov.

They had 3 to 2 classes for different ranks in the army or fleet.

Some brilliant commanders promoted very, very fast through the ranks during the GPW.

The question is:

Show me at least one general/admiral, who had 2 different classes of the same - above mentioned - order at the end of the GPW at his chest ?

i.e.: Kutuzov 2cl & 3cl or Nakhimov 1cl & 2cl or Suvorov 1cl & 2cl ..... :D

The winner is, who can first present one of these generals/admirals.

I hope, that's a nice & easy question ....

Christian

(...)

And Zhukov's document shows a big #1 :D .(...)

Hi Christian,

Please, could you post a pic of this document. As far as I remember; I think I have never seen it (or I would have to dig in my pics taken here and there in Museums... :rolleyes: ).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Ch.

And this is Lyudnikov, a hero of the Battle of Stalingrad. A new question will come tomorrow afternoon.

ljoednikov3.jpg

Congrats to Auke :jumping::jumping: .

Good and quick answer...

Christian,

Arrrrghhhhhh!!!!! It was for me an easy one, as Sergey Shishkov & Mikhail Muzalevsky's book (2000 edition) list many of them... :banger: It's not today that I will upscore...

Cheers. :beer:

Ch.

Dear Auke,

congratulations to your very, very fast victory :cheers: .

Many thanks for presenting a general with 4 Suvorovs to us :cheers: .

Dear Christophe,

sorry .... , another score for the "German-Language-Group" ;) .

With Yakov Kreiser - post #695 at your quiz - there had been already one general with a Suvorov 1cl & 2cl (I mentioned that in my postings) ...

Christian

BTW: Auke needed only 9 (nine) minutes to post the correct answer.

Congrats to Auke :jumping::jumping: .

Good and quick answer...

Christian,

Arrrrghhhhhh!!!!! It was for me an easy one, as Sergey Shishkov & Mikhail Muzalevsky's book (2000 edition) list many of them... :banger: It's not today that I will upscore...

Cheers. :beer:

Ch.

Dear Christophe,

sorry .... , I also have no scans of Zhukov's first "Victory"-document :( .

But the s/n. HAS to be quoted at the document ...

Christian

Hi Christian,

Please, could you post a pic of this document. As far as I remember; I think I have never seen it (or I would have to dig in my pics taken here and there in Museums... :rolleyes: ).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Ch.

Has anyone ever seen a good image of a Victory reverse? Most of the images out there (some/many/most stolen) are from the Eisenhower Victory, and every image I have ever seen has the screwplate attached, obscuring number (or not).

Dear Ed,

that's an important point :jumping: .

I have also never seen an - authentic - Victory without the screwplate on :( .

Christian

BTW: Auke needed only 9 (nine) minutes to post the correct answer.

And that's including typing, am I holding the record? ;)

And a new question (shouldn't be too difficult):

I am a famous Soviet general. At the start of the GPW I was a Colonel and a tank division commander. In 11 months time I was, amongst others, awarded the Kutuzov 2nd and 1st Classes, two Suvorov 1st Classes and a Khmelnitsky 1st Class. In the spring of 1944 I was already a Colonel-General. Within a year after this date I also became a two times HSU. Who am I?

Ed,

Here is one with the screwplate.

Cheers.

Ch.

Pic : www.soviet-awards.com

Yes, that is Eisenhower's. From their collection. Which, apparently, That Forum has the unmitigated gall to assert is under their copyright!!! Someone needs to sue their pretentious bandwidth off! This would go to six digits (US$) in damages in intellectual property court. (Shall see if I still have ex-students at the Eisenhower Museum. I know I have an ex-student in a major intellectual property firm. Time for introductions.)

:violent:

Dear Christophe,

sorry .... , I also have no scans of Zhukov's first "Victory"-document :( .

But the s/n. HAS to be quoted at the document ...

Christian

I have a pic of Marshal Fedor Tolbukhin's award card including his Order of Victory, awarded on 26 April 1945. No SN is indicated... :(

Cheers.

Ch.