News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just in is this Paratrooper badge (Fallschirmsch?tzenabzeichen) by Berg & Nolte. L?denscheid.

B&NL always produced the Paratrooper badge with a zinc wreath and distinctive recessed catch. The eagle, however, can be found in both tombak and zinc?This example has the early tombak eagle.

Obverse.

Hi John,

Great addition to your excellent collection! I always liked the B&NL paras, especially the ones with tombak eagle. Very nicely detailed and it looks like the swastika was burnished.

Tom

Hi John,

Great addition to your excellent collection! I always liked the B&NL paras, especially the ones with tombak eagle. Very nicely detailed and it looks like the swastika was burnished.

Tom

Talking of burnishing?.

Wear aside; they certainly did a superb job of the fire gilding on this piece. I always find it hard capturing that sparkle you get on badges that have had their highlights burnished.

I thought I?d up the side-light just a little?.but no sparkle! That?s an in-hand experience I suppose. It does however give a better picture of the quality of the gilding.