News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Been offered a group What's a good price

I've been offered a group and told to make the person selling it an offer. The medals are all mounted on a single mount and all show similar wear to the ribbons. I must also add that i trust this dealer and don't believe it to be a made up group.

That said the group:

Order of Glory 3rd cl 25*,***

Valour Medal1,41*,***

Achivement in labour medal no SN

Labour distinction medal no SN

I want to make a fair offer on it and will definately get the group researched when i receive it. This would be my first soviet "Group"

Cheers

Chris

First, it's an uncommon combination of combat and labor awards, and without the order booklet there's no way to tell these belonged to the same guy. Serial number research seems to be impossible lately... Did anyone have contact with or receive something from GK recently? That said, I wouldn't pay more than the value of these four single awards. Even if you trust the seller 100%, there's nothing that identifies these awards as being a group and therefore justifies a group premium. I would pay 150 + 50 + 20 + 20 USD at max for it.

It is an unusual combination that i believe is the result of military service followed by civillian labour service. I actually offered $150 canadian and he accepted so i'm still getting a good deal. There are 2 researchers that can work off just s/n's GK is one and he is so swamped his results have about a 2-3 month turn around but there is another researcher a bit more expensive but provides a very nice product with a 2 -3 week turn around.

Thatnks for your input

Cheers

Chris

The other researcher is actually a forum member so if he wants to be know then i'm sure he'll introduce himself. I'm sure he's monitoring this thread carefully :cheers:

I don't really want to advertise without his permission as he hasn't really done any advertising for himself and i get the impression he doesn't want to draw alot of attention to himself, but as i said he does have an amazing turn around time and provides hi res colour digital images of each of the document pages. Very nice quality indeed.

Cheers

Chris

Sorry for the secrecy you've put in play here, but I can understand some of the reasons for it. But, given the obvious hunger that many of us feel, it is cruel to toy with our emotions and hide behind secrets that you won't share!

No need for the Dramatics I'll try and get a hold of him and if he says its ok i'll post his info. You know darn well what Putin's doing to people he finds involved in the trade of Russian medals and since this man still lives in Russia he's being very careful. this thread was not about teasing you with a new researcher it was about getting a valuation on a group that i'm purchasing.

Edited by censlenov