News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

:banger:

I missed this one today!

WW 1 German Orders and medals are soon more expensive in Sweden than in Germany....

This damaged Saxon Merit Order Knight 2nd class went for 255 Euro... To much for my wallet :ninja:

But still a beuty and only 1850 awarded if I am correct ?

Now I have to look for another Christmas gift :D

Christer

Hi Christer,

According Dieter Weber, Paul Arnold and Peter Keil "Die Orden des K?nigreiches Sachsen", Graf Klenau Verlag GmbH, ISNB 3-921566-21, were awarded 1834 "Ritterkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern des S?chsischen Zivil-Verdienstorden, 2. Modell mit gepr?gten Medaillons, 1912-1918". The 1st model of the RK 2. Kl. mit Schwertern (mit gemalten Medaillion, 1876-1912) ONLY 15.

In my opinion Eur 255.- is not a bad price; I have the Nimmergut O&E catalogue of 2001-02 and was valued back then at Eur 266.-. I guess now it would be more worth, although Nimmergut's price estimates are quite imprecise (usually 20-30% less than current market value).

Ciao,

Claudio

Christer,

Even pinpon590 price from Nimmergut's 2009 list is under the true value for this award in good condition IMHO. When mounted on a bar along with other Saxon awards it's only second in place to the St Henry Knights Cross. So if you like it .... then here's a couple of pics of this one in conjunction with it's other officer awards that I'm lucky to have in my collection :-)

Mike, you wouldn't happen to know his name by any chance? Thanks, Rick

Yes I do Rick, His name and background. This has been provided by "Rick Research" many thanks to the master.

ALBERT von Hesler, born almost certainly in Elberfeld, circa 1893. F?hnrich Sch?tzen Rgt 108 8.2.13, Oberleutnant aD alive 1926. Albert Order Knight 2nd X 22.12.14 as Lt in SR108, Civil Merit Order Knt 2X 23/12/16 as "Lt in a Kampfstaffel."

He had a younger brother.

Wilhelm b. Elberfeld 25.5.1895, MIA 12.9.1916 Bouchavesnes, confirmed KIA 14.9.1916 as Lt from SR 108 serving in Res Inf Rgt 241, Albert-Knt 2X 22.12.15.

Also the senior brother.

Friedrich born Elberfeld 11.11.1891,alive 1926. Leutnant Gren Rgt 101 24.6.11 F, Hauptmann ad in Reichsheer ca 1921-23. St Henry Order 23.12.14 for a number of useful recon flights around warsaw, forced down behind enemy lines, he escaped on foot. Albert-Knt 2X 27.9.16 in Fliegerabteilung 300 "Pascha" (Palestine front, so unknown Turkish awards), Civil Merit Order Knt 2X 15.11.17 with CO of Air, 3rd Army.

Regards,

Mike