News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

hello

still waiting for this one to show up in the mail !just found it on an odd militaria site ! had to take a chance the price was right ! and i think its ok and kind of rare ! not sure if it sould be posted here or in weimar posts? what are your thoughts?will post better pics when it get here!

thanks can't wait to get it !!! anybody know awarded #s on the home front merit medal ? I think many it only came to be in july 1918! the presedence i thought was weird !!! what should be proper order ?

This medal has been created on 19th July, 1918 !! :speechless:

:cheers:

Guest Rick Research

I think somebody was able to cite numbers SOMEWHERE, but I can't find the link on "search." that's the trouble with having to match an EXACT name of something, if it was named in German versus English and the wrong name is searched on.

In any case, a very rare bar-- ESPECIALLY as a pair. The 1920s "clutter" adds nothing to the Coburg pair which is :jumping::jumping: :jumping:

Here are some info you want

"Hi,

I've just find the information :

- Carl Eduard Medal 2nd class without swords awarded 416 times between 1911 and 1920

- Decoration for Merit in Homeland awarded 1226 times between 1918-1919.

Christophe"

You may want to see if the "odd" militaria site has similar values. Congratulations on your new bar, whatever the cost. Beautiful. :jumping: :jumping:

Edited by Mike Constandy

Guest Rick Research

Thanks Christophe-- I just plain could not FIND the old link! :cheers:

Under 200 bucks, eh? Santa came early to YOUR house this year! :cheeky::jumping:

Isn't it amazing what mind boggling rarity slides under most dealers' Non-Imperial radar? :catjava: