News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Value of assortment of medals?

Hello, I'm rather new here as I was directed here from the Gunboards forum. A friend of mine from work who knows I collect militaria and firearms wanted me to do a little research on some medals and other items that her father had. As German militaria isn't really my area of interest any help would be greatly appreciated. Mostly she wants to get an idea what the value would be but would also like some help as far as what exactly the items are. All of them look original from my limited knowledge, considering her father was a WW2 vet and accumulated these during his service as well as from friends and acquaintances I've no reason to doubt them. Anyways, I've got some pictures below of some of the items in question and will be posting others in more appropriate forums here. First is an assortment of what look to me to be World War 1 era medals:

Assorted5.jpg

Assorted1.jpg

Assorted2.jpg

Assorted3.jpg

Assorted4.jpg

If anyone has any idea just what these all are and what an approximate value would be for the whole bar it would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I've been unusually busy at work lately so have not had much of an opportunity to reply lately. Thank you for the responses thus far. Regretably, the father has passed on long ago so no idea where exactly he would have come by the medal bar. She's looking to sell the items as she's trying to cut down on her 'clutter', she thought I might have some luck getting a good price for them as well as making sure they ended up in the hands of someone who would appreciate them. If further pictures are needed let me know.

Thanks

-Jan

What is the last medal on the bar?

Prussian War Help Service Cross 1916 - 1924 / Verdienstkreuz f?r Kriegshilfe 1916 - 1924.

The one with the bar is a Late War model in Zink, early pieces were in silver.

Information with regards this award has been posted in a couple of threads already.

Kevin in Deva.

• 6 months later...

Thanks Kevin. Then I mean the first award! I thought that it was a Frackspange! But i started at the wrong side...

It is the so called "Mitgliederabzeichen der Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gesellschaft zur F?rderung der Wissenschaften 1912"

(Membership badge of the Kaiser Wilhelm Society for the promotion of the sciences)

Prussian War Help Service Cross 1916 - 1924 / Verdienstkreuz f?r Kriegshilfe 1916 - 1924.

The one with the bar is a Late War model in Zink, early pieces were in silver.

Only the Zink crosses (Kriegsmetall) are official pieces. Silver, silverplated and Alumium are inofficial productions or "upgrades" for private purchasers.

• 13 years later...
    On 29/07/2009 at 07:09, Moltke said:

I think he was a doctor

My best guesses would rather be an industrialist, or a businessman, or a financier, and possibly a philanthropist as well. I have no idea where this terrific group is today, but I am curious: has it been researched and attributed these past thirteen years?! This might well be possible... ?!

:whistle: