News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kaiser Wilhelm Silver Wedding Anniversary Badge

RAO!

Congratulations on your badge with the Luisen Order ribbon - as rare as they come for sure.

I had wondered if these badges were awarded to women as well as men; and now we have

the answer.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

It is spread out among several banks and with friends who can

keep pieces safely. As a matter of fact, I am awaiting the arrival of two more pieces later

today, which I will post on this thread.

I apologize for the delay. One caveat - make sure friends are available when you need your pieces.

Here is an award that, refer to post #9, could not have been...

which I think brings up an interesting point. If a recipient?s designated award was an RAO or a KO,

and that award was on the commemorative ribbon, would the anniversary badge be on the commemorative

ribbon as well?

which I think brings up an interesting point. If a recipient's designated award was an RAO or a KO,

and that award was on the commemorative ribbon, would the anniversary badge be on the commemorative

ribbon as well?

On principle that was possible. But the commemorative ribbon was given only for service in the Franco-Prussian war after 1871 for the KO3/4 (and the General Honour Decoration) with or without the Red Cross. To be about 35 years without decoration of any other Prussian order and on the other hand be near enough to the court and the persons of Kaiser and Kaiserin to get the 1906-badge is very unlikely. Not impossible! If your badge is original - a very rare bird :cheers:

Kind regards,

Komtur.

On principle that was possible. But the commemorative ribbon was given only for service in the Franco-Prussian war after 1871 for the KO3/4 (and the General Honour Decoration) with or without the Red Cross. To be about 35 years without decoration of any other Prussian order and on the other hand be near enough to the court and the persons of Kaiser and Kaiserin to get the 1906-badge is very unlikely. Not impossible! If your badge is original - a very rare bird :cheers:

Kind regards,

Komtur.

I think so for post 29 and unfortunately I think the ribbon from post 28 is not original.

Best regards Mike

• 1 month later...
    saschaw said:
    Hm yes, I guess you're right, the ladies... but still rare and with very nice provenance. ;)

Here's one more on Luisen order ribbon - in wear! Saw this postcard by coincidence on eBay.

The ladys wearing uniforms is odd. Wearing medal bars is even more odd.

:speechless:

post-1172-1246804331.jpg

Edited by saschaw

... There was only one exception: the ribbon of the "Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen" for the veterans of the 2. Kompanie 1. Garde-Rgt. zu Fu?, Wilhelm commanded as prince 25 years before. ...

/quote]

Nope ;)

Edited by Komtur

@Daniel

"..sure it was only awarded on an ORDERS ribbon??"

I think yes, but what the people have borne, who wants to say with certainty.

Please send me that Picture in the full size.

Thanks + Greetings Mike

Oh Oh Wild Card you have right. Here for a minicollane, 18mm and 2,6 Gramm. :cheers: Greetings Mike

Hello RAO,

Thank you for posting your piece. I knew that such pieces existed. I seem to remember seeing one that was

mounted on a chain along with some other decorations; but can not remember where.

I think that it is strange that we do not see more of them.

Best wishes, :beer:

Wild Card

• 13 years later...