News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Speaking of UGLY EK2's

I didn't want the ugly truck to leave without me so here is or was my nastiest cross which I decided to do a nip and tuck on.

To all the collectors who might be offended because I broke the unwritten law........sorry :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Next time try Dupont Autobody Paint Remover instead of sandpaper. Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone. wink.gif

I actually used a tiny plastic model scraper to remove the paint which, was nearly falling off anyway! The one million grit sand paper :whistle: was for the rust & pits. Thanks for the tip though.

The cores of some Zimmermann EK1 do tend to flake off. I have had two L/52 EK1 1939 with flaking paint but very little rust and a cased, vaulted screwback L/52 EK1 1914, which was very nicely made, just as chic as a 1914-1920 cross, but with the finish flaking off a core with no rust at all.

PK

Edited by PKeating