News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Not sure if this is the correct area for this question, but here it is anyway! I have a few Imperial award documents that are larger than the 8 x 11 1/2 inch sleeves that I use for the smaller documents. I am not big on folding the larger documents and was wondering what others use to store the larger documents flat and in a archival type setting. I like the archival 8 x 11 /12 inch sleeves as I can put them in a notebook for viewing and storage. Are there legal sized archival sleeves and if so where can one get them?? Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

I know that Chris Boonzaier found a source for good, but not cheap, archival sleeves in the UK last year. Perhaps he can post the address of the supplier.

Does anyone else know of other suppliers in Europe?

How do you store your really large documents, e.g. German, Italian, Yugoslav and Bulgarian documents that are sometimes larger than A3? At the moment I use artwork folders made of acid-free stock, but they are very large and the documents tend to slide around inside them, which is not good for corners, etc.

Hi Stogieman,

I have bought items similar to what you are looking for from www.artsuppliesonline.com with very good results. When you get to their home page, do a search for pina zangaro.

I don?t know how competitive their prices are; but they had what I wanted and their service has been good.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

the Secol A-S system is THE best.

Costs about USD 1 a sheet. The top one on the page is the bees knees.

http://www.conservus.ch/webexplorer.cfm?id...=1?id=63&tlid=1

It is a Brit company and is usually used by museums, private buyers seldom buy them.

Polyester is the only way to go, but there are different kinds of polyester, different qualities.

I did not buy the special binders, that would be going overboard, but I have some really big office binders.

The sheets above will take an A4 doc with space to spare.

There are even bigger ones.

Not sure if this is the correct area for this question, but here it is anyway! I have a few Imperial award documents that are larger than the 8 x 11 1/2 inch sleeves that I use for the smaller documents. I am not big on folding the larger documents and was wondering what others use to store the larger documents flat and in a archival type setting. I like the archival 8 x 11 /12 inch sleeves as I can put them in a notebook for viewing and storage. Are there legal sized archival sleeves and if so where can one get them?? Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Mike

Try googling "museum supplies" or "library supplies" - conservators and archivists use various sizes of sleeves in "inert" plastics which won't eat your documents a decade from now. Mst of them do mail order as well. Sorry I don't have any actual company names - just took the one course on conservation so far. As a last resort, art supply stores or your local library may have some leads.

Peter (New guy) Monahan :7)