News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Very very peculiar indeed. :speechless1:

Aside from being hideoeusly ugly :cheeky: the wearer has removed the suspensions :banger: for both Crosses of Liberty. :speechless:

Good luck trying to find the correct suspensions:

Oddly enough, that is the correct ribbon for a 1918 SECOND Class -Military CoL over the THIRD class half-of-a-Cross. It and the 4th Class appear to be under full width ribbons.

My 2nd Class 1918 Military is fitted on a "close enough" :unsure: Mecklenburg Griffin Order ribbon-- there being so few (so few we'd have to kill you if you told anybody) of that class that it is no wonder the average German outfitter didn't have any in stock.

This one did-- and still got it wrong!

The person who put this together removed the hangers, and mounted all the awards directly to the bottom of the ribbons with thread. Then they used swords devices to replicate the hangers on the ribbons. To me it appears they wanted it all level across the bottom per the post 35 regulations.

Guest Rick Research

Two. The campaign medal was for just being there.

Have seen a number of doubles, but never any documents with them.

Need the Finnish award rolls. Badly.

...., but never any documents with them.

I do have two finnish certificates to a Leutnant from Mecklenburgisches Jägerbataillon Nr. 14.

I do also have the certificates for the mecklenburgisches MVK II. + I. class.

If anybody has some additional information on Lt. von Winterfeld or maybe his Iron cross documents - I would be very interested !

Regards

Torsten

Guest Rick Research

No first name on any of 4 Urkunden? :banger:

His Finnish campaign medal document refers to him as "Lt dR" while the Freiheitskreuz 3X has "Leutnant." There was a Lt aD v. Winterfeld in JB 14-- no 1st name I can find. :banger:

TOO MANY von Winterfelds to sort out from the Heldengedenkmappe with no first name.

No first name on any of 4 Urkunden? :banger:

STOOOOP !

No need to bang your head....

He was Hans Karl von Winterfeld.

In 1934 he was »Preussischer Forstmeister« in Osterode am Harz as is written on the certificate of his "Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer".

Sorry for not mentioning this little fact...

Regards

Torsten

• 2 weeks later...