News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi

I am looking for possible added information regarding Hptm x Poser..!

He originally belonged to FAR 20 and was promoted to Hptm on 8 Nov 14.

In Nov 1915 he become commander of AFA 212 joining in from FFA 17. AFA(FAA) 212 was a newly establish flying unit within 3 Army. He later took over the command of FAA 206. After mid 1917 I lost the track of his units.

This is all information I have :blush:

Any added information is welcome

Gunnar

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks both

Seems that this Hptm Poser is hard to identify in more detail, despite high awards and that he was commander

of several flying units in the War.

I assume that it does not exist any information from FAR 20 which might be his home regiment....

:)

Gunnar

• 1 year later...
    • 11 months later...

Hi again

It seems rather certain that his first name was Erich and that he died sometimes during 1941 as an Oberst in the

Luftwaffe.

But I still search information of his date and place of birth and possible confirmation of his first name.

He dont have any file in the Freiburg archive.

:)

Gunnar

He is only listed as "Poser, E." in the Berliner Adressbuch during his time at the Kriegsakademie. He didn't have an entry in the Adressbuch der Residenzstadt Posen during his time in the regiment, at least in the four different address books I checked. I don't know why; other officers did.

I can only concur with Dave as I have checked the same sources. One has to accept that there will always be cases when it will be just about impossible, given the paucity of surviving Prussian records, to pin down something as simple as a given name, especially for a prewar 2nd Lieutenant who only served in one regiment or independent battalion which does not have a published Stammliste or was garrisoned in a city without an available Adressbuch. Even then, many officers chose to only be listed by their rank and surname in those Adressbücher that are available. As Andy and Dave know all too well, it can take years to even eventually stumble across the first names of Majors and Colonels!

Regards

Glenn