News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK1.. Paul Meybauer

• 1 month later...
    • 19 years later...

I have virtually the same cross however mine is 1870…Can anyone clarify this award being produced by P. Meybauer?  Thank you

Marcus

Photo_1.jpg

Photo_4.jpg

Photo_7.jpg

Photo_2.jpg

Photo_6.jpg

Photo_3.jpg

Photo_5.jpg

35 minutes ago, VtwinVince said:

Meybauer was not a producer of 1870 EK1's.

Could this have been a privately purchased piece?

M. 

Agreed. My simple rule of thumb when viewing an EK is to ask myself, 'Is this really the product of an Imperial Court jeweller's workshop or is it more like a fitting found on the footplate of a steam engine'? This usually sorts out the more obvious fakes but no doubt I can still get stung. I haven't found a decent Imperial EK to interest me since last November.       

I agree, inconsistent with known original crosses and Meybauer never made them. I’ve seen precious few original 1870 EK1s. Even fewer 1813 ones, but I’ve seen and handled those as well.

i can only say that the quality, detail and character of the original crosses is superb. If it just blows your skirt up, it’s worth further investigation. I’ve only handled 1 original 1813 EK1 and 2 1813 EK2s. The visuals were amazing. One of the 1813 2.kl had its’ award document! The original recipient had affixed all his documents to linen. It was a complete set. 1813 EK2

1813 Combattant Campaign Medal

Long Service Medal

As I’ve stated in the past, I lost my entire photo archive so unfortunately, no images to share.

D'oh Rick, I would love to see images of that set. Here is an AWS produced example from about 1880 from the estate of Generalleutnant von Floeckher. And an 1813 produced around 1830.

floeckher3.jpg

floeckher1.jpg

ek2b.jpg

ek2.jpg

8 hours ago, Graf said:

I agree 100%  I like the AWS Crosses Here is one unusual and rare AWS

170824_2.jpg

170824_3.jpg

I was proud owner of this AWS, However a member from this Club who did buy a significant PLM  Grouping owned by a WW1 German U bout Captain found out that The dealer knowingly or not knowingly separated this cross from the Grouping

He was very upset. I had the dilemma to keep the cross or to send it to be joined with the Grouping

For the sake of the History I decided to go with the second option and send the Cross to be joined with the PLM Grouping

I knew that, perhaps. I will never get such EK, however I was happy on the other hand that the History was rectified