News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hilfskreuzer 'Komet' Soldbuch

Hello Gents,

Bought this nice little set last week,

a soldbuch and some documents of Theodor Eisenhuth, who was on Komet's first cruise and later served on Sperrbrecher 18.

If anyone can provide me more information about this Sperrbrecher, it is much appreciated....

Regards,

Mark

Awards page,

EK2 awarded 3th July 1941 after exactly one year at sea, Hilfskreuzer-abzeichen awarded 1st Dec. 1941 after completing the first cruise and return in Hamburg, signed again by Huschenbeth.

Minensucher-abzeichen awarded while serving with Sperrbrecher 18 of the 3th Sperrbrecher-Flottille.

Fantastic soldbuch - so rare to see one related to an Aux.Cruiser, especially with an Aux.Cruiser badge entry. The Feldpost Number in the stamp at the top of the awards page is 34510 which is for that time period... (Mobilmachung-1.1.1940) Minen-Hilfskreuzer 22, dann Handels-Schutzkreuzer 7, dann Schiff Nr. 45 - and Komet was indeed HSK 7 / Schiff 45.

Edited by hucks216

Great grouping from a Komet crewman and i really like that postwar plaque,excellent.It not only includes the names of the other HK's but also the names of the ships that the Komet sank or captured.

After going through the many files i have on the Komet,including the ships log and "tons" of postwar Kameradschaft documents,i noticed that Theodor Eisenhuth's name came up quite often.

One document mentions that he was born in 1920 and i found this 1998 Kameradschaft document that shows his age as 78.

it is nice to be able to put a face behind the name of the crewman,i think.

I wonder if he is still alive?

Regards,Martin.

Edited by Martin W

Everyone thanks for the additional information.......

Those postwar Kameradschaft documents must contain an enormous wealth of information for those who want to research these ships, is this 'Kameradschaft' still active?

Don't know if Eisenhuth is still alive, I think there are only a few left now....

Regards,

Mark

is this 'Kameradschaft' still active?

Hi Mark,

The last Komet Kameradschaft letter i have in the file is dated 10-4-99.

So,hard to say how many former Komet crewmen are still alive and if the "HK Komet Kameradschaft" is still active?

Regards,Martin.

• 2 weeks later...