News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen,

I purchased this Saxon ribbon bar on impulse, but it can go back. I belatedly noticed the thread on the reverse, and I also wanted to solicit opinions on the 1939 EK2 Auflage. All comments are appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Edited by Mike Constandy

I don't know why I bothered blocking out the website address when all of you already know! :rolleyes:

In any event, thanks for your positive comments. Is there any possibility of identifying the recipient? Still learning.

Thanks

In any event, thanks for your positive comments. Is there any possibility of identifying the recipient? Still learning.

I'm not sure, Saxony is not my field, but I think it has chances.

The Saxons both are knight's 1st class, the Württemberger for sure as well.

The second to last on the right looks like a Saxon long service which should have been replaced by the 1936 long service if the 1939 EK2 spange is correct for this bar. Also I am not sure it is a Wurttemberg ribbon as I see a vertical white stripe in it.

Hi,

This is a very nice ribbon bar indeed. I am very estonished that someone like Weitze make a mistake like this one. Indeed for him the ante-penultimate ribbon is the Friedrich August medal. It's in fact the SDA. Of course all members here have id it correctly.

The blue ribbon seems to be a Wurttemberg ribbon for Friedrich knight cross, probably 1st class with X.

I like the crown on the Albert ribbon :jumping:

Christophe

The second to last on the right looks like a Saxon long service which should have been replaced by the 1936 long service if the 1939 EK2 spange is correct for this bar.

Only if he was in service pre-WW2, which he apparently was not. I think that's the bar to a re-activated officer.

Nothing is written in stone, especially email confirmations of sale. :banger:

I received a follow up email from Weitze retracting their confirmation of sale to me, and crediting my account. Apparently, they made an error and the bar had previously been sold to another collector, although I continue to fail to see how this happened. Even in the madness of a new listing.

The only saving grace is that a collector and friend here on GMIC purchased it, fairly I might add, and that it enters his excellent collection where it is among good company. Congratulations. :cheers:

Edited by Mike Constandy