News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mother Heroine... to a father?

Around 430,000 women were awarded this title during its existence. The only man to be awarded the title was Veniamin Petrovich Makarov () from Orenburg, who raised 12 adopted boys.

http://www.ireference.ca/search/Mother%20Hero/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Hero

It's mentioned in several such sources.

Dan cheers.gif

Interesting - thanks :cheers:

SHould have clicked through on wikipedia (normally i am a wikipedia click on and on and on addict)

No problem! beer.gif I know just what you mean... I'm the same way. Each article seems to have a gazillion other interesting links and before you know it you've got a ton of articles under your belt and you've also gotten an education on any number of new subjects. Great stuff! jumping.gifjumping.gif

Dan cheers.gif

Interesting comments, but with regards Wiki, I however tend to believe there is a lot of

information on Wikipedia that needs to be taken with a grain of salt due to the ease

of posting and the ease with which information can be added and detracted from items.

Kevin in Deva.

Interesting comments, but with regards Wiki, I however tend to believe there is a lot of

information on Wikipedia that needs to be taken with a grain of salt due to the ease

of posting and the ease with which information can be added and detracted from items.

Kevin in Deva.

Kev, thanks for jumping in on this. I totally agree and actually as soon as I hit send I thought I should go back and add just that... but was far too tired this morning after work and just let it go. But yes, as with any facts online and even many other places they should be cross checked to be sure. Even reference books can be incorrect and can't be taken as absolute.

Always best to proceed with caution in such matters just to be sure.

Thanks! beer.gif

Dan cheers.gif