News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bonjour,

I saw this barrette, in an antique shop.

- EK-II 1914,

- Hindenburg Kreuz,

- DSWA Denkmünze (Omaheke, Oranje),

- Preussische Kronenorden 4 kl,

- Polizei in Gold,

- Preussische DA 15 jahr,

- Luftschutz 2 kl,

- French Ritterkreuz Legion d'Honneur.

What is your opinion?

Crdl

Thierry

Buy it now. Story makes sense except for the 15 LS medal- which does make sense though if it's a Colonial Landwehr guy who was in the Police later back home. The bars may make him tracable as Glenn has the old Police lists.

This bar does not make sense. You have a 15 LSC to an enlisted man who may have made officer during the war. You also have a Prussian Crown Order which was NOT awarded during the war and was only for officers. This does not make sense. Also the bar is very sloppy. I would not buy this bar.

Edited by Paul C

Bonjour,

Thank you gentlemen for this study on your part.

I was interested to buy it.

I have differents questions for my personal culture :

- For the 15 LS Medal or 25 LS Medal, How they were allocated ?

- The order of the decorations is it correct ?

Crdl

Thierry

well, to me it's the sort of bar that someone who was originally in the Colonial troops and then went regular gendarmerie back home might have had. The Crown order is suspicious-as noted, BUT COs were gazetted in 1908-1917 to all sorts of criminal Detective types AND to Beamten of mid level and higher ranks. Some were even awarded for odd incidents like life saving or specific "incidents" or being Postal commissioner of some backwater outpost or honorary counsel somewhere.

The army/navy LS 15 is for enlisted men who served 15 years-(war time counted double-as did some overseas time/cruise time. These were commonly handed out in 1919-24.2 years overseas as a Colonial, 4 years in WW1 and 1919 gets you a 15 LS medal. Time served got fudged too into some other LS awards. I assume it did for the police LS.

The Luftschutz medal also is the sort of thing professional police got as "gas coordinators" in urban areas.

The metal backing and the french medal are suspicious.....BUT don't mistake me, there are so many things wrong with this bar that it's either been made by a complete novice/idiot or it's ok. "It's so ugly to me it's cute". The medals individually I reckon are worth @ 650 so why not?

I'd like to see the bars though and check the possibility of these awards.

Lots of warning flags- but the story is possible and so unusual I'd take a risk.