News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

THE SOVIET QUIZ - 2011 - QUIZ CLOSED

Scoreboard update!

19 points - JimZ

15 points - Harvey

10 points - Hauptmann

7 points - Christophe

5 points - Gunner 1

5 points - UB6365

3 points - Valter

2 points - kapten_windu

1 point - Tachel

Question 67 is currently open - See above (post 698) :beer:

Jim :cheers:

• Replies 1.1k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets try to organise the hints given so far as I have come at this from varous angles but my searches are all hitting a brick wall!!! There is also not much response to the question which probably marks this as a tough one. Below are some of my thoughts which may be incorrect....but there is some logic to it. Of course I may be attacking the question from the wrong angle!!!

About me

I was born in XX century. - like many others! But I would guess born in the 1950s latest under Stalin regime.

I was kind of secret person… Actually before youth I did not exist officially. - Perhaps born in a gulag?

I was awarded with unknown order but this decision was cancelled later. - unknown order that was cancelled - not much help

I was awarded with unknown order but this decision was cancelled later, due to my problems with law enforcement agency... - problems with law enforcement....

I have some relations with U-2 airplane. - Gary Powers and Cuban Missile Crisis are the first thoughts that come to mind.....

About my father

My father served military duty in Poland. With beginning of space era he became famous. - I was thinking cosmonaut or rocket scientist?

My father received the State Prize of RF from President Putin... - father had to be alive in the late between 2000 - 2008 - President Putin!!! Again, scient state prize which makes him one of three recipients every year between 2000-2008 Technically one of 24!!!

About my relatives

One of my far relatives (unfortunately I never met him) was awarded by Stalin prize twice and in two different ways. - Scanned through double recipients but made no link. Assuming its a far relative it is unlikely that they share the same surname.

Just to let you know we are thinking, although some more direct hints about him might help narrow the person down.

Harvey - it cannot be Alexander Solzhenitsyn - I ruled him out yesterday on account of the hint "My father received the State Prize of RF from President Putin... " If anything it would be his son.

Christophe - it cannot be Shostakovich's son on account of the same hint! Shostakovich died in 1975 and could not have received the State prize of RF from President Putin!!

Unless its a posthumous award!

And to have been awarded by Presiednt Putin it must have been awarded between 2000 and 2008!!!

:banger:

Harvey - it cannot be Alexander Solzhenitsyn - I ruled him out yesterday on account of the hint "My father received the State Prize of RF from President Putin... " If anything it would be his son.

And on that thought, is it Yermolai Solzhenitsyn?

Hint#12

The fact of my birth cost my father the membership in highly respected organization, but brought membership of more respected french organization, founded in 1921 in London.

Hint#13

The fact of my birth cost my father citizenship of SU...

Edited by ub6365

UB6535,

Please try not to repeat hints and be a bit more specific. We've got a full family tree but some of the hints are too general to be of much use.

There is also the risk of members losing interest in the question if it beats about the bush for too long - although with Christophe and Harvey joining in earlier today that does not yet seem set to happen.

It will also be rather interesting to see you tie up all the hints when we find the person!