News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with translating to Wehrpass

Hello,

I know that I am not a very active poster on this forum but I do enjoy reading all the various topics/fields.

As such I was wondering if the Forum would mind in assisting me with translating two Wherpass that I have had for years but sadly not researched until now. I will post several photos of each in this matter

Kind Regards

Mark

The Wehrpass is made out to:

Hans Karl Heinrich Josef Lingens

born: September 26, 1904 in Aachen

He is catholic and a lawyer by profession.

Can you post better (straight on) pictures of pages 22 and 23

The Wehrpass is made out to:

Hans Karl Heinrich Josef Lingens

born: September 26, 1904 in Aachen

He is catholic and a lawyer by profession.

Can you post better (straight on) pictures of pages 22 and 23

Thanks for the reply and I will work to get those scanned.

Mark

Hucks

Yes he did but there seem to be a question as to the validity of both due to the use of an Americanized month and the mention of espionage on the others. So I was trying to gain more information. Sorry, I should have notated that

The espionage thing is quite a common thing to see in Wehrpasse as it just means that the person has had a briefing on, basically. security measures. Here is such an entry in a WP from my collection to someone badly wounded at El-Alamein and discharged from the Wehrmacht.

Edited by hucks216

As hucks216 wrote, it is a normal instruction about secrecy, espionage etc.

This brings back memories..... I remember one of my first books.... I was really excited to find a similar stamp... then found out it simply meant that he had been informed about spies and data protection...

This brings back memories..... I remember one of my first books.... I was really excited to find a similar stamp... then found out it simply meant that he had been informed about spies and data protection...

I guess most document collectors went through that when first encountering these entries !

Its amazing the number of times books with these entries have been offered by dealers claiming it means that the guy in the book had been trained as a Spy ! :-)