News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

A very interresting ribbon bar. On question, where is the centenary medal ? Strange not to see it here. I think this bar may have belonged to one Oberst or Generalmajor. The third ribbon may be the Red Eagle Order 2nd class with X and oakleaves. It may be id. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Christophe

Thanks Christophe, I have no idea why it has no centenary medal.

The red eagle with sworld and oakleaves should be a right guess. I found a similar example in Andrea Thies auction catalogue.

6902567344_0212b9a551_b.jpg

Dear Lew,

What an impressive ribbon bar! Congratulations on your purchase.

Perhaps this is a "war-time bar" with pre-war "peace, etc" decorations left off.

Though if this was the case I would not expect to see the Long Service ribbon (just thinking out loud). :Cat-Scratch:

Best wishes

Matt

Though if this was the case I would not expect to see the Long Service ribbon (just thinking out loud).

Hello Matt, thanks for your input. Can you please point out which ribbon are we talking about?

the long service ribbon is the blue one after the one with swords and oak leaves

Christophe

Hi Christophe, I'm pretty sure that one is for the Prussian Crown Order, not long service medal.

This is long service cross ribbon. Both mentioned orders have a lighter blue ribbon, and the Württemberg would be in totally wrong position.

With RAO2EX, the wearer should have been Generalmajor. Oberste did not get RAO2, from what I know.

I'm not sure if this is identifiable. Too many common WW1 awards for these ranks... and most we have no complete rolls for.

Still a nice bar, of course.

This is long service cross ribbon. Both mentioned orders have a lighter blue ribbon, and the Württemberg would be in totally wrong position.

Württemberg should be wrong, but I still think the blue colour is lighter than service ribbon. Will double check later today.

#2 place is probably a Prussian crown order, making another one in 4th position actually impossble. No need to double check, I can keep apart dark blue from light blue. ;)

Alright Saschaw, that's no problem :)