News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

the sky's the limit for this 1914 ek1!

I would neither pay such a price, because I'm not an hardcore EK collector.

That's 3 times what I paid for mine.

Just curious, what would you sell yours for? Don't hestitate to offer it to me! =P

It's not for sale ---yet.

I'm a collecter. I still have some of the things I collected as a kid.

I find it very hard to let go. My wife hates that about me.

I saw the winning bid...$$$$$.00...kinda ridiculous for a vaulted EK1 originally intended for private purchase. The "mousetrap" attachment might have made it suitable for wear under extreme combat conditions. Perhaps the purchaser was seduced by the extraordinary feature of the medal. Wouldn't such pricing would be more acceptable if it was associated with a particular war hero?

It's not for sale ---yet.

I'm a collecter. I still have some of the things I collected as a kid.

I find it very hard to let go. My wife hates that about me.

I understand this, very well actually. But that's the actual point: There are very few of these available, while some collectors are willing to spend hard money on it, which results in "ridiculous" prices. That's the law of the market. What someone did spent some years ago - it doesn't affect what's payed today.

I'd not buy one myself, as said.

But these are the current prices for these, and I'll gladly buy any (nice one) for half or two thirds of it! And would hardly sell for much less than the eBay auction did. ;)

People seems to have to much money :cheeky:

I have seen ¨collectors¨ that buy anything at any price , just because they can :whistle: And I would probably do the same if I could afford it. Why not 25 RKs or a Ferrari from 1954 or a Yacht for 40 000 000 $, The sky is for sure the limit

Just love to find a buyer as this when I sell something next :love:

The problem is... a market price is not set by what 2 guys with a bit of extra cash in their pockets are prepared to pay on day X.

I have seen a few guys fall on their faces when they see something sell on ebay for silly money... who then think "i have one of those!" and toss theirs onto ebay... and get a 3rd of the price...

Think "Housing bubbel"

The problem is... a market price is not set by what 2 guys with a bit of extra cash in their pockets are prepared to pay on day X.

I have seen a few guys fall on their faces when they see something sell on ebay for silly money... who then think "i have one of those!" and toss theirs onto ebay... and get a 3rd of the price...

Think "Housing bubbel"

I have to agree on this. I think that is why some of the "dealer gods" are switching, or at least getting into auction formats. Auctions bring out the spirit of competition just like any sporting event would. You can make a lot of money if two people are intent on getting the same item. I've seen this for other pieces as well. It would appear that medals are particularly vunerable to this as certain makers are more desirible/rare than others