News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lance Armstrong could lose Legion of Honor

JPL

Lance Armstrong faces the prospect of losing his Legion of Honor medal after French officials said they will open an inquiry following his admission that he doped during his Tour de France wins. Armstrong was awarded the Chevalier de la Legion d'Honneur in 2005 in recognition of his seven consecutive Tour victories. The American admitted to doping during all of those wins and has been stripped of the titles. Francois Sourd, top aide to the head of the Legion of Honor, told The Associated Press that "an inquiry will be opened." The investigation is expected to last several weeks.

Read the complete news article: http://news.yahoo.com/lance-armstrong-could-lose-legion-honor-medal-180342685--spt.html

Jean-Paul

I admire Lance Armstrong, it's amazing what he did winning the Tour de France, last time I was on drugs I couldn't even find my bike.

Paul

:lol:

He received it for what he cheated on... Seems logical to lose it...

Shame that a well respected sportsman should end his glory days in such a manner. His victories were I'm sure an inspration to many who wished to emulate him.

performance enhancing substances are however not part of the "Spirit of the Game", he now stands to lose any respect he may have earned.

Now where's my Crack pipe and ganja stash!!?

The unfortunate side of drugs in sports, is anyone taking them is basically saying "if anyone wants to compete against me he basically has to take drugs to have a chance..."

What gets me are the arguments "Well, why not legalise it for all participants.."... which is a load of bollx.... Why? Just to let those who already take them carry on taking?

• 2 weeks later...