Chris Boonzaier

Oh Spain... what happened?

Hello again

I have to say that I like very much this film. The only I d'ont like is that the Persian represent the "forces of the evil that come from the east against the Virtue of Freedom and democracy of greek, in western people representation", it is a little blased, I think, and maybe the Marvel lovers are paying for their own cyclic and maybe wrong point of view.

Other point is that they were not exactly homosexuals. I have been refreshing my knowings and I was wrong. The system was based in the military pederasty, That is the lovers have differents ages, one around 15 and the other around 30. And then the relaction begin to be more complex, cause is too a master-pupil relactionships. Anyway this theme has lots of information, in special from british authors, and part of it in INTERNET. The details to treat are infinite and very interesting, I think.

Regards

Yep, been to have a look myself as well.

The Scared band of Thebes weren't Spartans (seeing as they are of Thebes duh). In fact they were an elite force of 150 pairs of male lovers within the Theben army in the 4th century BC. - I'm so glad there's an internet and I don't have to rely on my brain all of the time.

Hello Spasm

You are very right about internet. As anecdote, and as opinion, the best way to learn and understand history is a good made wargame. I was in times very afortunate to have live this exciting passion, more than Hobbie, under the orders of Carlos De La Rocha, that now is editor and main brain of the Spanish magazine "Desperta Ferro". He organized, when the computer were in the beginning, by mail, not e-mail, historic games that let you be with 25 years, Eutidemo, King of Bactria, a Roman republican consul in Anibal's offensive, etc... Was really amazing, the first he made we were in the 2ª Punic War with 30 players from Spain to China (the only girl playing the game with four governors under her nice command, I am sure they have get in love at the same time of their comisssion.

Really that has been the most interesting activity I have develop, even at the point some people didn't sleep thinking in the next mouvement. In the third game-version the game-genious choose Antigonus II Gonatas period and I take the responsability to represent Tebas Monarchy. At those times I discovered the grreek pederastia system and lots of greeks name cities, the most apreciated, Orcon Heracleus ( vulgo, Ogcon Hegacleus). When I meet some friend from this glorious period of our lifes, we still use our game- names. By example, I wasEutidemus the first, King of Bactria, protector of Kusana, Partia and Media, Lord of Gedrosia and victor over Seleuco i and the anamites. Can you say the same with 25 years. I think that...

Regards

Boris

period, and

Here the link, I think they are going to sell the rights to publish the magazine in english.

Here: http://www.despertaferro-ediciones.com/staff/

As all can see, he is a member of the STAFF, that is more "in" that to be gerente (manager in english) that is the spanish word (RIP) that used our fathers. Anyway I have left the maps, surely for ever.

As member of the staff, now I have to ask for a "work dinner" to see him (previous call phone, three weeks before). The STAFF.

Well, sorry, I just wanted to talk about our games as a curiosity.

Edited by Boris

Hi Boris,

I have no idea if the guy shown is gay or not, and to be honest, where and how someone lays the pipe is not my business.... and I dont see how you can see that on the photo?

I posted this because this guy looks like a full on disco Gigolo. And if you google the Spanish Foreign legion... this dude is not exactly the average Legionnaire? His pants that bit tighter, his gold chain, and he spends more time on his beard than the average guy does in the bathroon in a week.

I think most Sgts would kick a soldiers ass if he came onto parade wearing a gold chain like Mr-T, and most Sgts would say "You a Gigolo?? Shave that beard off!"

Sorry, I read your post too quick last time and to me to read quick in English is very dangerous, I didn't find any offensive, in special because I don't like the Legion style and his philoshophy that is employ the ignorance of some good person, in general to make of themkill-killers . I have to give you all the reason. But I think, the comment of that girl and yours have the same base: this legionarie is just a sintoma that Spain is going to the sheet in all ways. There is a sentence in Spain, very famous that say, "Me duele España", Spain hairt. I have seen my father and grand father work all day all week in his busines and my other family day by day in the work ten hours or more duering years and years to make a little money. That is the real Spain and not the Spain of this serie of Kings and Dictators that have corrupt one of the most important country in History for good and for bad. The other day in the bank of my village, I had left a bank account forget, and they sent me a card threaten me to put in a list if don't pay 80 Euros, when is a tradition, or was that the bank close the forgotten acounts... last time I did that. You will say that it is not important, not, you are anglo-saxon and will think it is very bad that a bank (with the goverment, ( this is longer to explain, well Itell this Story to my two best friend that works in banks, more up than down, not for help, I promise, just to know what was thinking and they say I should be a fool if I pay. To have a fight (figurative) with a bank employer is as less as dangerous to protest in the spanish parlament (that of parlament is a joke, bad joke for people that are ungry). We have been one civil-war after the other for centuries while other countries go up and up (my compliments) I have a paymant from the goberment after work for it and I am very near in only one year to don't have many to pay the taxes when the City Master bought a new super-mercedes trhee mnth "after win the elections. As less I studie in a french college... all the people I know that have studie in the Jesuitas, as my sister and other family has moral 0. Well I hope you understand now why I am so interesed in this them and no very proud to be spanish, in special with the goverment off a family that from time of Goya (See the portraits) have serious genetic problems. And for last, that people that have get convert the Spanish Legion, that even with Franco had the dignity of the blood of their casualties in combat, in a band of chulos and that sent lots of inmigrants to fight in Afganistan instead of the descendent of the soldiers that form the Tercios viejos, and... much more. Here there are lots of spanish, I am sure they are not going to say NOTHING. Sorry, but I had to say that. Post y que sea lo que Dios quiera.

Here an tipycal Spanish Macho:

(later on)

Edited by Boris

Hello

But I think I have to give some explanations about what happen really in this theme, about Spain, my stupid reaction, althought I have been always very interesting in the theme of homosexuality in the army for this. Many time ago, I read somewhere that one of the reforms or important changes general Franco did when he was directing the "Academia General Militar de Zaragoza", a military school for officers like Sandhurst or Westpoint was to change the two beds rooms for as less trhee or more. This impact me, but didn't know really why, it has happen to me lots of times in Spain since I had understanding (no coments). And this is the question: THE UNDERSTANDING in Spain.

Well, I put General Francos' idea in the back of the brain to be cooking, and after so many years, at last I HAVE UNDERSTAND. There was something that didn't fit it, mmmmmmmm, something that was there as a stain that never goes of a tie. I have been in many times with other people of my sex, I mean male, and never shaw nothing strange, the true, I never notice that rooms with two beds were bad... or good. Other thinking. In all my life, I never have know personaly an homosexual declarated, I mean, he knows, I know and all know he was homosexual in a give moment. And here, after so many years a revolutionary thinking: If my mind say me: there is not problems of homosexuality in a room for officers of two places (problem, ¿What problem?), the problem well, here we begin the great problem: There was a problem? Aghghhhhhhhh I can't, it is imposible, can't be? The problem was in general FRanco's head. It was so difficult to discover? Why so many years to discover a fact that any argentinian psychologist can see in one second? The general Franco's was director in 1936 more or less. It is irrelevant, nothing have change. The problem was the general franco's head that see problems where I am sure there were no any problem at all. The only problem was that this general don't trust in his officers in some dark point of his head. 20 Years to UNderstand this?, Yes 20 years to undernstand this. I will give you my conclusions next post: am i stupid? Surely but is irreleant too...

I go on with my solution: No, I am not franquist, falangist or requeté. The problem is that I am JuanCarlist. And if next generation don't leave this way, the spanish you think, as very truthly somebody has ask in this post, will not exists at all. Will be other but not your spanish.

I'm thinking now in an extrange phenomenon that happen to me few timw ago: I understood perfectly to mister Evo Morales talking about spanish multinationals way of work in Bolivia. The same time i never understand "my president" (The quotes are very important here in this moments, all have to be between Mark Quotes, I am "Boris" or "José") in special when he talks of spanish multinationals. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, it likes I am getting more and more clever....

(to be continued)

Steve told me to stop being all weird and I've got to admit that Spanish Legionnaire looks like a muppet.

Then I admit that Spanish Legionnaire looks like a muppet.

Thanks to be so pacients.