News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Figures...

Jim Baker

Here is a bit of fun Mike Good of Jaguar fame did some figure for aircraft displays here is the photo he worked fom on one set. Ltn han Pippart CO of Jasta 19 being helped on with a Flieger combination suit.

IPB ImageIPB Image

Here is my version of the scene.

Edited by StephenLawson

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice work indeed!!

Where in the world do you display all your models?? 1/48 is a fairly large scale for the number of projects you complete.

Hey Jim / Panzerman: You have seen our old display when we were at Wings over the Rockies. Now we have our own string of hangars near Ft. Lupton at Platte Valley Airfield. My models are on display there. The foundation gives my builds to people who donate over 400.00 dollars to the Foundation. This set of figures will go with Voss' Alb. D. III from Jasta 2. I am awaiting display boxes to mount them.

http://www.lafayettefoundation.org/

Edited by StephenLawson

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Laurence

You had asked about 28mm scale. The scale works slighly different than with models. The scale is measured in mm from foot to eye level. The problem is that no two manufacturers 28mm are the same. Some are on the large size and rather fat while others claim they are 28mm but only measure in around 25mm. A 25mm figure should equate out to 1/72nd scale. 28mm is closer to 1/54th scale.

Finally some more German Colonial troops and askaris.

[attachmentid=28404]

Figures by Marc Copplestone. I really like his sets. Those are the German mercenaries right?

Hey Paul;

For the figures shown above, I started off with two-part Milliput for the basic form and then finished off details, like folds on the uniforms, with two-part Apoxie Sculpt. Both can be found at hobby stores.

Here is the "out of production" 120mm Kirin Prussian dragoon figure by Derek Hansen. I only modified the helmet crest and the shoulder straps and then painted the figure to represent an officer of Dragoner-Regt. Nr. 19 (Oldenburgisches).

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

[attachmentid=28404]

Figures by Marc Copplestone. I really like his sets. Those are the German mercenaries right?

Stephen

Only the outside left and right figures are from Marc Copplestone. I believe they are from the German Officer group in the Darkest Africa range. The middle three are from Brigade Games. Lon Weiss was doing a whole range called The great War in Africa but he hasn't released anything for quite some time.

Regards,

Mark

This is a 120mm WW1 British light machinegunner by David Parkins that I modified the head (including the helmet strap and bales), arms and added the base. The battle insignia was added and represents a member of the 1st Royal Fusiliers, 24th Division. The divisional sign is painted onthe helmet. The red cross indicates the 2nd Batln of the senior brigade. The four point yellow design indicates Company D within that battallion. The light machinegunner qualification badge and a wound stripe are on the lower sleeve.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by dwmosher

Stephen, Are all your planes and figures in 1/48 scale? I really like the Voss figure you made. I wish I could do one just like that, but in a larger scale. Again, it is very good.

Regards Dave

I do have a few 1/12 bust figures but most of my noncontract building is confined to 1/48.

IPB Image

Edited by StephenLawson