News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What happened here?!

The last medal still shows its orginal number, and that matches the 'hand stamp'.

The middle one's number is obscured* by a hand stamp but what we can see of it it does NOT match.

The first number's been mostly ground off* and been replaced by a hand stamp. What still remains does NOT match, again.

It's possible the vet replaced missing awards with someone else's awards. I think that NOT likely.

I highly doubt any kind of test.

My best guess is an early, or low tech attempt at creating a group to match a booklet (or something else).

* Never a good sign of authenticity.

Also, the middle medal's original number *may* have been 80821. If so it's a travesty such a low numbered award has been destroyed.

It's possible the vet replaced missing awards with someone else's awards. I think that NOT likely.

If "it was a veteran who did it" then we have another problem.

Where from these "replacement" medals came from?

I mean how he got them?

From chests of fallen comrades? :whistle:

Edited by JapanX

The seller description

"Пришли так. Легенда такая: 2 Отваги были утеряны кавалером и заменены приобретёнными. Возможно сам хозяин набил номера от своих медалей. Увы пробивки нет. На 1-й медали просматриваются родные цифры (17**18); на средней (80821). Промзвенья в олове, Ушки целые. По Украине"