News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Red Star-Navy-1649996

Here is the latest one, this is the one I picked up at the Militaria show :D ran the research through Auke and voila :D

Excerpt from award issue records

What do you guys think ? :D Amazingly it falls into the Leningrad/Finish craziness I have over :D

1649996 Ivan Aleksandrovich Vesyolov Red Banner Baltic Fleet August 6, 1945

Record card

Record card

1. Last name: Vesyolov

2. First name and patronymic: Ivan Aleksandrovich

3. Military rank: Chief Petty Officer

4. Sex: Male

5. Year of birth: 1918

6. Place of birth: Semyonovskoye Raion, Ivanovo Oblast

7. Party membership (since which year): Member of the Communist Party since 1942

8. Education: Secondary, unfinished

9. Nationality: Russian

10. Since which year in the Red Army: Since 1938

11. Place of service (name of the unit) and position occupied at the time of the award: Steering system first sergeant with the 15th Minesweeping Cutter Squadron, Liepāja Naval Base

12. Current place of service and position: Flag chemist[?] with the Waterside Security Unit of the Liepāja Naval Base

13. Home address of the awardee: Brivzimnieka Street, apartment 8, city of Liepāja (I've obscured the address a bit )

14. Record of all awards received:

Name of the order or medal

Serial number

Number of the document

Ground of award

Medal for Combat Merit

Temporary certificate nr.

Order of the Waterside Security Unit of the Kronstadt Naval Defense District nr. 2 of February 23, 1944

Order of the Red Star

Order of the Tallinn Naval Defense District nr. 5 of November 5, 1944

Medal of Ushakov

Order of the Southwestern[?] Naval Defense District of the Baltic Fleet nr. 27 of July 21, 1945

Medal for Combat Merit

Unnumbered

Decree of June 20, 1949

Order of the Red Star

Decree of November 3, 1953

Medal for the Defense of Leningrad

Medal for the Victory over Germany

Signature of the awardee: [signed]

I confirm the correctness of the data and the signature of the awardee (position and signature):

Chief of staff of the Waterside Security Unit of the Liepāja Naval Base

Captain Lieutenant [signed]

January 16, 1947

Award sheet

Award sheet

[Pencil note: By Order of the Tallinn Naval Defense District nr. 5 of November 5, 1944 awarded the Order of the Red Star]

For: Chief Petty Officer Ivan Aleksandrovich Vesyolov, captain of KM-339, 15th Minesweeping Cutter Squadron

1. Year of birth: 1918

2. Nationality: Russian

3. Social position: Worker

5. Since when in the Red Army or Navy: 1938

6. Participation in the Civil War: No

7. Wounds and contusions: No

8. Earlier nominations for awards, when and for what: No

9. Which commendations and awards received and for what: Medal for the Defense of Leningrad and Medal for Combat Merit

10. Service in the White Army or other bourgeois armies and time spent in captivity: No

Home address: _______________

Short, concrete description of his combat feat or merits:

During the minesweeping operations in warship waterway 306-K in the Narva Bay and during the raid on Tallinn his cutter swept 7 anchor mines in the Narva Bay. During the minesweeping missions he skillfully avoided hitting anti-cutter mines in shallow water on two occasions, thus saving his crew and his ship. He took part in putting ashore a landing party on an island in the Gulf of Finland. His cutter did not sustain any damage. During combat operations he acts unflinchingly and bravely.

He deserves to be awarded the Order of the Red Star.

Commander of the 15th Minesweeping Cutter Squadron

Captain 3rd Grade [signed] /Zhukov/

October 27, 1944

He deserves the Order of the Red Star.

Commander of the 1st Minesweeper Brigade of the Tallinn Naval Defense District, Red Banner Baltic Fleet

Captain 1st Grade [signed] /Yurkovsky/

DSCN7171_zps8e564ac9.jpg

DSCN7172_zpsf52094d0.jpg

Edited by Rogi

Guest Rick Research

I'm 3+ years out of date-- it used to be difficult to get naval research done... compared with army at Podolsk. Now???? I don't know "Auke" or how he gets things done... after my time.

Are you just lucky with random undocumented awards, are do you have any clue before buying that they might be navy?

Thank you Nick :)

Rick It was random luck, this is my 1st actual navy award hit :), The seller had it also pegged as the wrong serial number :D but after not getting a hit in the army, usually run it past the other archive :D I've sent you a pm with some info.

If you check who signed off on his award you can see Captain 3rd grade Zhukov, must of been a popular name hehehe :)

Edited by Rogi

I'm 3+ years out of date-- it used to be difficult to get naval research done... compared with army at Podolsk. Now???? I don't know "Auke" or how he gets things done... after my time.

Are you just lucky with random undocumented awards, are do you have any clue before buying that they might be navy?

Hi Rick,

Times have changed. Navy research can now be done without any problems and it often takes just a few days. Even prewar military and labor awards can often be researched. I am lucky to have excellent contacts in Podolsk, Gatchina and a few other archives. Documents on partisans, members of the NKVD / MVD / NKGB / KGB / GRU, and post-1941 labor awards are often still classified, however.

Auke

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: DAYS!!!!!

I can remember waiting many MONTHS in the 1990s never knowing IF anything would come back at all! :beer:

My researched groups--some that far back so only XEROXED faces--are all in the back pages here around 2007/8. Just when I decided to get 'everything" researched.... prces went SO insane I went back to Imperial German awards...

same lovely enamel quality after all.

Anyway I was doing some research and I found this, Are the KM Boats, KM-4s because the only 332 I found was in the KM-4 class? Here are some pics :) off the web for KM-4, Again me using translator to the max lol :( The translation is horrible in spots, I know :D lol

NOKM-332_zpsb20bfc95.png

KM-4_zps3a29fea4.png

and random Km-4 picture in action^

Edited by Rogi