News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

From a friend's collection, these are the awards of Generalmajor Max Aloysius Schlee-Pasha who was the Chief of Dept V (Weapons and Munitions) and Ottoman GHQ-Inspector General for the Turkish Field Artillery from 1915-18. In 1918 he was the last commander of the XIII Army Corps (Wurttemberg) Field Artillery. Schlee was one of my friend's great grandfathers.

IPB Image

Generalmajor Schlee

IPB Image

...in Turkish regalia

IPB Image

From a friend's collection, these are the awards of Generalmajor Max Aloysius Schlee-Pasha who was the Chief of Dept V (Weapons and Munitions) and Ottoman GHQ-Inspector General for the Turkish Field Artillery from 1915-18. In 1918 he was the last commander of the XIII Army Corps (Wurttemberg) Field Artillery. Schlee was one of my friend's great grandfathers.

:jumping:

Its a toss up between WOW :love: or SPEECHLESS :love:

Fantastic collection and very well presented, thanks for showing it to us. :beer:

Kev.

I'm sure my friend would be pleased that you all enjoyed seeing Schee's awards. I can only blow up the previous picture to show the medal bar until I can see him again to take some better shots.

Dave

IPB Image

Here's another picture of Schlee

IPB Image

I have one more question, maybe you can ask your friend...

Are all these things put on the walls for presentation the ORIGINAL medals, medal bars, shoulder bords, cufflinks etc of the former owners that survived 2 wars in the family???? Or are these arrangements new made with new material???

I ask this because there is a lot of stuff of each officer and it is not normal to safe all this over hundred years, especially if one of these officers were executed for being involved in the assault on Hitler... I have heard that the orders and decorations of these officers were taken away and definatelynot given back to the family...

Maybe we can talk about it...

greetings

Heiko

@Kev

A beautifull one-man-show. Ate there swords on the Medjidie-Grandcross? If so, please make closer shots. better pics of the bar would be much appreciated aswell

haynau

It does appear that there are swords on both the Mejidie Grand Cross set and the Osmanie 2nd class set. Not many of those around!!!

An absolutely fantastic group!

Tim

• 2 weeks later...