News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am totally shocked... I've known rick for a long time, met of the WAF and we continued to email and post on other sites including this site which we know he felt most at home. When he got a chance to get back on line he dropped me a message and that meant a lot to me knowing he still thought of me because I sure thought of him often.

I know many of you knew Rick better and I certainly feel your pain. He was as nice and helpful to me as any man on earth could have possibly been. He'll not be forgotten, not for the ages. I'm proud to have been a friend.

Well.... if naxos teases me with something I want.... I am going t throw my teddy in the corner and go to my room and sulk!!!!

Payback time, my friend, for all the unnecessary suspense you put me through over the years.

Come on the Naxos, your turn!!!!!!!

Simon

... sorry, have to wait for "the man", mailman that is.

... and, to quote Velvet Underground, ... "he's never early, he's always late ... first thing you learn - you always got to wait"

Edited by Naxos

The German forum was right to kick your butt off!!!!!!!!!!

Ha Ha! they gave me the old ....

I will start a new thread on the Pass when I have it all scanned and read.

Garde-Grenadier trained in a machine-gun unit then send to the Garde-Pioniere for Flammenwerfer training then transferred to the Sturm-Panzer-Kraftwagen-Abteilung 1. !!!!!

Edited by Naxos

Garde-Grenadier trained in a machine-gun unit then send to the Garde-Pioniere for Flammenwerfer training then transferred to the Sturm-Panzer-Kraftwagen-Abteilung 1. !!!!!

Not good enough for machine guns, so sent to Flammenwerfer, they could not use him so they stuck him in a rolling sardine can.... what a LOSER! I am glad I am not saddled with HIS Militärpass!

I´m very surprised about the date 22/10/17!

The first 10 A7V were set under command of the two Sturm-Panzer-Kraftwagen-Abteilungen 1 and 2 in NOVEMBER 1917!. The order was from 29.September 1917.

The first A7V was ready end of october 1917 and he could be seen november, 5th 1917!

I wonder your MP shows the 22nd of october!

Here a few key features:

Order of the war-ministry to set-up two Sturm-Panzer-Kraftwagen-Abteilung at february, 15th, 1917: january, 23rd, 1917

They were set-up at september, 29th, 1917 (War ministry Nr. 815.9.17)

Mobilization for both Abteilungen january, 8th, 1918

So it´s clear, that the unit was set-up before the tanks arrived.

By the way. The first commanders of them were:

1.Abtl.: Hauptmann Greiff

2.Abtl.: Hauptmann Steinhardt

I can´t wait to see the rest of the MP!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by The Prussian