News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Cased order of Glory 2nd Class

I do not have better pics from the seller, but could this be a real cased Order of Glory 2nd Class with that one. Seller is asking $2,899.

Not for me yet. :o

By the way, it look like a Yugoslavian award case.

Edited by Soviet

Guest Darrell

I do not have better pics from the seller, but could this be a real cased Order of Glory 2nd Class with that one. Seller is asking $2,899.

Not for me yet. :o

By the way, it look like a Yugoslavian award case.

Hope the case is real to add some $$$ to the set ... cause 2nd Classes are no where near that expensive :unsure:

I have never been offered a raised-border variant like that one. I doubt if I'd pay anything like that price, though. As for the case, whatever it is, I've never seen one of those, either. I don't think I would pay extra for it. What would it add to a collection?

Sure, very-low-number examples are desirable, even necessary to fill out type collections. However, this is not an item that would tempt me. I'd rather spend the money on a nice group. YMMV.

Chuck

Yes, but Igor also has a PM-certified Glory 3, Type 1 in a grouping with documents for 6700-USD. The cases do not however look at all like the usual boxes one sees for the Soviet orders though. They look like actual hard-shell cases which I think are unusual at best?

Nope, not missing a thing ;>) That's why I referenced Igor's as a type 1. As a loose piece, even if right, I think that price is pretty steep. And if it's wrong.... well, anyway. I wouldn't base a buying decision on these photos of either of the two cased pieces. I'm afraid to even ask how much the ORB was.

I think the seller of these awards (the Russian, not the American) bought a bunch of very dubious awards. I can tell you that several of the groups are outright bad - put together with maybe original awards. They're also priced at 25% above US retail. And, the cases are just that... cases. They aren't the right cases for foreign awards, simply ones that were found and had the medals added.

Dave

I've yet to add a cased Soviet ODM to my collection. One day soooon I Hope!! :jumping:

Doc

Don't sweat finding one. The only ones that I've seen that have nice cases thus far are ones to foreigners or some of the 1980s Friendship of Nations. Now, it's true that most Soviet awards were BOXED, but those boxes are pretty blah and were mostly discarded after the award presentation. So, unless you're going to find one of the cased awards to a foreigner or one of the FoN ones, don't hold your breath for getting one anytime soon. In 15 years of collecting Soviet awards, I've owned a total of two cased awards, and probably three with their original issue boxes.

Dave

One other thing to add to my above post.... there are PLENTY of empty boxes floating around out there, and then there are dubious cases like these, so chances are that 90% of the ones you get offered will probably not have their original issue box or case anyway. The only way that I'm thoroughly comfortable with boxed awards are when they have original naming on the boxes to the award recipient, or, like the ones that Rusty owns, have the original award numbers stamped on them.

Dave

I also asked pictures of the case, but I didn't got any.

Bryan,

If you asked for pics of the boxes/cases (external views I guess) and you got none, I guess that answers it all :rolleyes:

Never saw that kind of boxes for Soviet awards before! As another member mentioned before, they do look like Yugo boxes, unless as it was also mentioned above this type of cases are used for awards given to foreigners, but I never saw one of these either. Could someone please post pics of such cases?

Dolf

Hi Dolf... a search through the Soviet award forum will get you some examples of WW2 Russian Orders, awarded to US Military personnel... Look for threads/posts by NavyFCO. I believe a search by that user name will get you there too!

Hi Dolf... a search through the Soviet award forum will get you some examples of WW2 Russian Orders, awarded to US Military personnel... Look for threads/posts by NavyFCO. I believe a search by that user name will get you there too!

Thanks Rick ;)

Dolf