News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thought I would pass time by posting some shots of certain displays I've been working on. Some are complete and some are still on going. My displays revolve around the Imperial nit marked Luger within the displays as compliments to enhance the total display and fall far short of many displays/collections by so many members here, although I have tried to receive contributions from so many of those same members, none have arrive yet although I have been told, they are in the post.

The display case on the right I have dedicated it to Machinegun/Machinegunners and related items/related to everyone; ie, Iron Crosses.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2013/post-16240-0-05287800-1386439238.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2013/post-16240-0-26230100-1386439311.jpg

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2013/post-16240-0-45419400-1386439393.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2013/post-16240-0-37193100-1386439455.jpg

Edited by E Williams

Left case:

Saxon: 100 Regt, 139 Regt 2nd Company, 139 Regt 6th Company, 181 Regt unit marked 1915 DWM Luger.

Bavarian, Prussian, Baden on-going displays

Sanitates on-going display, should be complete by end of next week. The photo displayed is a copy while I await an original coming.

Signal Abteilung on-going display, should also be complete 7-10 days along with a uniform Luger display stand.

Edited by E Williams

Thanks very much for the comments. Those Luger stands are machine made by a friend out in NM with health problems and sometimes takes awhile but when he gets one done, I'm his best customer. The one stand that my Signal Abt Luger is on is a cheapy off the internet, it is OK as a temporary but the difference shows when on display.

As you know, I've been seeking the right Bavarian MG Luger for sometime now but with four MG unit marked Lugers on hand, I'm been leaning more to an Bavarian Infantry Unit marked one to go in the left case. I did have the MG Lugers displayed with other State items but like all collectors do, displays are constantly improved, changed and/or move around, I'm no exception. A member, who's name I will not mention, has been wanting me, begging me, insisting that I acquire an Artillery unit marked Luger :) but I've really no interest unless he's ticks me off and then I might acquire a whole case full and display them as an avatar. :) But, Christmas around the corner and expenses have been turned in that direction until next year. What I have coming to finish off the Sanitats and Signal display will be it for awhile.

Cheers..............

Hello,

you have very nice collection, perfect presented.

All items are in very good condition.

The 08's are faboulos, I like them.

cheers Andreas

Thank you Andreas....and I thank you ancestors for giving me the opportunity to collect them. ;)

An excellent display and an even better collection.

You are an inspiration to all collectors.

Regards

Brina

Thanks Brian.............much appreciated. An 'inspiration' though is humbling and if what I do helps others, I'm happy. Collections should be seen not hidden, IMO but, I completely understand that's not always possible either not having the space or not given the space and I've been in the latter position before and after awhile I got the space when she vacated it upon my demand!!!!!

It's also how collections are displayed that is 75% of the presentation. Doesn't matter what a person collects, it's the presentation that excels that collection. As any ex-military would understand, everything has a place and everything in it's place and....the most important military terminology, "Attention to Detail'.

I like sharing info, ideas; etc, and if sometime I show becomes an idea for others, great, I do the same all the time. If I see something that will improve something that I have, I borrow the idea, I don't steal it because I always give credit to whomever/wherever.

In this hobby, info should be shared, ideas should be shared and it should be done in a way that everyone feels good giving or accepting. Info can be disputed, ideas can be discarded but the exchange is there and that is what counts. I don't get jealous or envious of what others have, I wish I could be the one that has something another person has but that's natural. Especially if it's a MG unit marked sawtooth bayonet that matches a Luger markings you have.......... :) and you hope you live longer than he does and that you're in his Will. ;)

I'm not the smartest brain on the block but it's great to know where you can go to get the info you seek. I get that here, if not, I'd move on and....I have yet to come across any Prima Dona's here. That's very important to me.

Cheers...........

Thanks again

Ed

Edited by E Williams

Ed you have very impressive collection and very good ... very esthetic displayed.

best regards

Kornel

ps. my items are parted between US and Europe , plus here in NY don't have a space , so most of the stuff is packed , boxed , hidden ...it's a torture .

Except for the original photos that have not arrived yet, they were sent from Germany on Nov 15, my Sanitats display is finished. I might have to start looking for a replacement photo.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2013/post-16240-0-09669400-1386693835.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2013/post-16240-0-56631000-1386693922.jpg

Edited by E Williams

Ed you have very impressive collection and very good ... very esthetic displayed.

best regards

Kornel

ps. my items are parted between US and Europe , plus here in NY don't have a space , so most of the stuff is packed , boxed , hidden ...it's a torture .

Thanks Kornel.............

Great displays for a great collection! Thanks for showing it. Short of being there in person, your photos do a wonderful job of sharing your pieces.

Thanks.

Thanks Claudius....it is a bit of a bummer though, shooting through glass with a mirror on the other side.

Eric, ole buddy, pal, peezo, pard....post a photo of this tornister you seek, so I can show my lady friends to go shopping for me.

(Why does Eric have smilies and I don't?)

Well

I'm not showing what one looks like here otherwise I'll never get me paws on one, what an insane request. :unsure: