News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What would the medals be worth as singels with no background info?

Hi Chris,

I will trying to put a value, but some of the medals on the bar are really rare, but some very common... it all depends also what an amateur and collector of non-combatant bars or specifically collecting orders and medals of a single miniature German state pre-1918 (like Schaumburg-Lippe) would be prepared to shell out to get such a bar. If you are the only one to want something like that, then it's going to be comparatively cheap, but if there're just 2 of you who really want this bar, in auction can get very easily out of hand and very emotional and impulsive.

• SM VK am Nichtkämpferband, I would say no more than 120 Euro, also if that non-combatant ribbon is really very rare...
    • Ludwig-Kreuz... pretty common... Eur 40.-
    • Hl. St. Michael Orden 4th class with crown... again also here some Bavarian collectors can get very emotional, normally I would pay 600-800 Euro for that
    • non-official commemorative jubilee medal for monarchist... well no definite price on it, but with that nice and rare ribbon I'd say 50-60 Euro?
    • Prinzregent Luitpold Medal... cheap... very common in Bavaria... Eur 40.-
    • Anhalt Hönigbär ;-) 1st class... mmmhhh... there are undervalued... quite a lot of "post-war" pieces around... an original would surely fetch about 600-800 Eur... not so collectable, maybe because there are no enamels and it's not cross-shaped
    • Schaumburg-Lippe order for arts and sciences first class... well there are really rare, especially on bars! it all boils down to demand and offer, but I would say 1000-1500 Euros?

Total about Eur 3'000/3'500.- including 10% price increase because there is a name to it. Personally I would rather spend Eur 3000 then 3500, but it depends how much you want to have it in your collection.

ciao,

Claudio

Is anyone else surprised that Kraus did not receive decorations from other countries like France, Italy or northern Europe. Seems as though a man of his standing would be recognized elsewhere. Also are there other bars to professionals like him known to the Forum. How do they match up.

Is anyone else surprised that Kraus did not receive decorations from other countries like France, Italy or northern Europe. Seems as though a man of his standing would be recognized elsewhere. Also are there other bars to professionals like him known to the Forum. How do they match up.

A good thought... If he had italikan and french it is very possible he had the bar remounted to exclude "enemy" awards?

• 1 month later...