News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My new Horizon blue officer tunic

Garth Thompson

I have been looking for a nice horizon blue French officer tunic at a decent price for some. I had some luck recently at a local militaria show. I believe this is a Captain of Engineers with overseas and wound chevron. I would like to know what the pair of vertical loops are for, possibly a War Academy badge. All comments welcome.
    Garth

DSCF7201.JPG

DSCF7202.JPG

DSCF7203.JPG

DSCF7204.JPG

DSCF7207.JPG

DSCF7208.JPG

DSCF7211.JPG

The collar insignia looks a bit like Legion but not same.

the service stripes on left are upside down and too low.

the v on the other side looks like a rank stripe to me.

i haven't seen configuration of insignia like this 

According to two French collector's; it would indeed be Foreign legion.

I'll wait for more advice.

A third one juste respond as well and is positive as well; 7 flames and a empty field in the grenade.

Hello!
    A very nice tunic! I love it!!!

The three chevrons on his left arm stand for 2 years of front service (first chevron one year, each next one for 6 months). They should be worn upside-down at the upper-arm.

The triple-stripes stand for Capitaine.

The single chevron on the right arm should be worn at the upper-arm too. It´s a wounded-badge for a single wound

It's certainly a beautiful tunic but the insignia placement has to be postwar by someone who wasn't sure how to apply it. I like the captain stripes and have seen the prewar blue backed insignia on horizon blue in photos so that's not problem. The collar tabs don't match any legion type I've seen but are very well done so I would think original.

i have no idea what the loops are for but not a medal for the rank captain would have won unless royalty as its for a breast star.