News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Police Long Service Medal & Bar........

• 3 weeks later...
    On 20/01/2023 at 14:54, bigjarofwasps said:

West Midlands Police, had an award ceremony on Tuesday night (17th January), whereby 30 year bars were awarded. 

*LSGC’s were also presented. These medals bearing the E11R effigy, although when these officers physically qualified for their medals, I have not been able to confirm. 

E50A4358-0D90-4086-A21A-6D7A0B3D54C1.jpeg

Judging by posts/photographs on social media, West Midlands police are certainly blazing a trail, in ceremonies presenting LSGC bars to their officers. Not aware of any other forces who have presented anywhere near as many bars, if any at all!!!

On a side note, I also see (again via social media posts) that the Fire service up and down the country have had a considerable amount of ceremonies in the last week or so, presenting their personal with LSGC’s. Interestingly all appear to bear the Queen’s effigy, Now whether this is just to clear all the personal who qualified under the late Queen or whether they are just pressing on with E11R medals, I have been unable to confirm. 

• 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...

Not the police version granted, but I thought it might be of interest?

First example I’ve seen of someone wearing both the new 30 year and 40 year bars, on their LSGC. Which I think you’ll agree is some achievement! Look forward to seeing police versions, in the hopefully near future!!

A1167A77-C456-4A74-8D83-115D8C5333DC.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
    • 5 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

The Police LSGC medal is awarded for 20 years service.

A bar for 30 Years and 40 Years have now been authorised. (March 2022)

They are made of Cupro-nickel, with 4 small holes in the corners, for sewing to the medal ribbon.

They read, as follows -

'LONG SERVICE, 30 YEARS' and 'LONG SERVICE, 40 YEARS'

The 30 YEAR clasp is available to purchase on ebay, it is silver plated and designed to be attached to the ribbon by sliding it on. No sewing required. A search will locate the ebay listing quite easily.

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...