News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Very nice Morten! Interesting to note that the band are wearing the Feldbluse with Schwalbenneste and fingergloves, but the troops coming after them are comfortably wearing the Mantel. I can imagine the bansdsmen are not pleased...

• 2 months later...

A NCO wearing the dress for shore based units, but with two remarkable features:

On the pleat of the left breast pocket, he is wearing the Baltenkreuz, a decoration not often seen on the navy uniform. The Baltenkreuz was instituted 1919 for volunteers who fought the Bolsheviks in the Baltic area (NW Russia). About 22.000 of these crosses were issued.

He is wearing the regular Wehrmacht boots, but with a strap over the foot. This addition was called Marschriemen, (marching straps) and these were privately obtained. The idea was that the boot would fit better on the foot while marching.

KM - 349x - Uffz mit Baltenkreuz (1940).jpg

Edited by Odulf

5 minutes ago, Odulf said:

A NCO wearing the dress for shore based units, but with two remarkable features:

On the pleat of the left breast pocket, he is wearing the Baltenkreuz, a decoration not often seen on the navy uniform. The Baltenkreuz was instituted 1919 for volunteers who fought the Bolsheviks in the Baltic area (NW Russia). About 22.000 of these crosses were issued.

He is not wearing the regular boots for NCOs, but (Army Artillery) boots, with a strap over the foot, possibly these were privately obtained, but in combination with a Navy uniform not often seen.

KM - 349x - Uffz mit Baltenkreuz (1940).jpg

Odulf thanks for sharing this beaty ??

Nice one Morten. Interesting to see that he wears a brand new belt, the threads of the stitching are not yet blackened with polish and the buckle is untouched, in greyish green. He has a new uniform, probably recently transfered from the fleet. Can you see what badge is on his shoulderstraps?

Edited by Odulf

35 minutes ago, Odulf said:

Nice one Morten. Interesting to see that he wears a brand new belt, the threads of the stitching are not yet blackened with polish and the buckle is untouched, in greyish green. He has a new uniform, probably recently transfered from the fleet. Can you see what badge is on his shoulderstraps?

Hi Odulf,
    Thanks for the comment. Not unusual to see such a new belt. Shoulderboards show the 5th Costal Artillery Battalion.

Cheers,Morten.

img756 (2).jpg

Hello,

This Costal Artillerie Wearing Duty Badges (Dienstabzeichen) and Pistol Holster for pistol 7,65 mm.

Cheers,Morten.

img752.jpg

9 hours ago, nesredep said:

Hi Odulf,
    Thanks for the comment. Not unusual to see such a new belt. Shoulderboards show the 5th Costal Artillery Battalion.

Cheers,Morten.

img756 (2).jpg

Hello,

This Costal Artillerie Wearing Duty Badges (Dienstabzeichen) and Pistol Holster for pistol 7,65 mm.

Cheers,Morten.

img752.jpg

Thanks Morten, the Destroyer War Badge [Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen] was established 4 June 1940, but the shoulderstraps with crossed anchors and Roman numerals (as here for Marineartillerieabteilung 5) became obsolete in March 1939 (replaced by the general MAA crest of the flaming granade on the anchor). Another example that the 'old' stype shoulderstraps were continued in wear for a long period.

13 hours ago, LarryT said:

Nice Morten. Here is another.

img358.jpg

Nice Photo Larry!

5 hours ago, Odulf said:

Thanks Morten, the Destroyer War Badge [Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen] was established 4 June 1940, but the shoulderstraps with crossed anchors and Roman numerals (as here for Marineartillerieabteilung 5) became obsolete in March 1939 (replaced by the general MAA crest of the flaming granade on the anchor). Another example that the 'old' stype shoulderstraps were continued in wear for a long period.

Thanks for Comment Odulf.Great information,thanks!

Hi ,
    We are a 5-6 friends in here who are active on this Forum and they are
    I am very fond of. But then we unfortunately have an open Forum as people do not have to sign up to see the posts. But unfortunately also many members in here who unfortunately only harvest but sow very rarely.

Best,Morten.

Hi ,
    although what I write above is the case I need to post more from my collection.

Best,Morten.

Scene photo of Kriegsmarine guys in a brawl or mugging - their smiling faces say enough. Interesting to see what is moslty hidden by the tunics; the cut of the trousers, suspenders, shirts and jersey.

KM - 351x (1).jpg

14 hours ago, nesredep said:

Hi ,
    We are a 5-6 friends in here who are active on this Forum and they are
    I am very fond of. But then we unfortunately have an open Forum as people do not have to sign up to see the posts. But unfortunately also many members in here who unfortunately only harvest but sow very rarely.

Best,Morten.

Hi ,
    although what I write above is the case I need to post more from my collection.

Best,Morten.

Hi,

I'm afraid it happens in all threads and forums. You have thousands of members, thousands of looks at threads, a few who comment and a few who contribute. The few who contribute keep the threads alive otherwise they would die.

Cheers,

Larry

13 hours ago, Odulf said:

Interesting photo Larry, do you have more info about what we see (location, unit, year)?

Hi,

The photo is in an album which belonged to a crewman who served aboard M132  (1 Minensuchflottille). As there are many photos of the 1 Minensuchflottille 1 cap tally in wear I would say they were taken pre -1939. He served some time aboard the harbor vessel v.St. Hieckmann, Memel as well. The album contains postcards of Minensuchflottille Pillau, Pillau Harbor, Marineschule Flensburg, Torpedoschule Flensberg-Mürwik. Is it possible that the parade photo was taken at one of those locations?

Cheers,

Larry