News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

On the shoulder straps of the KM field grey uniform, only a limited number of destinctive devices were worn. Most seen are the crossed anchors (with and without Latin letters/numbers or Arab numbers above), the winged shell on an anchor or the crossed lightning flashes with a 'schwinge' on an anchor.

This Unteroffizier however, is wearing the steering wheel in metal, as for Transportation Units, an intersting variation

KM - 334 - Unteroffz. Kraftfahrer xx.jpg

• 2 years later...

Yes Morten

Crossed anchors were worn by Marineartillerie pre 1939, and by Schiffsstammabteilungen and Marineunteroffizierlehrabteilungen post 1939. The dark green shoulder straps were replaced by shoulder straps of uniform material after 1939.

KM - 337 (1)x.jpg

KM - 337 (2).jpg

In 1939 (Verfügung vom 13.3.1939; Marine-Vorschrift 39, Nr.216) the Naval Artillery Units changed the device on their shoulderstraps, from crossed anchors to an anchor below a winged granade

KM - 316 - Marineartillerie (1939)x.jpg

A nice clear picture of a pre-1939 Junior NCO (Maat), wearing the device of the Marineartillerieabteilung V (5th Coastal Artillery Battalion)

KM - 301 - Marineartillerie-Abt. V - b.jpg

Hi Odulf,
     Thanks for the quick response of my question to you on this fine thread that I hope more can contribute.
     Pictures showing KM shoulder straps of the KM yellow gray uniform are my new collector area now. I'll post some of my photos and I appreciate if you comment on and provide info about the different shoulder straps.

Cheers, Morten.

Hi!

O    Ostsee shoulder Board.

Cheers,Morten.

22.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    4 hours ago, Odulf said:

Interesting Morten, what is the source for this information about the "K" (MV, Vfg, OKM-B, OTB, etc.)?

Hi Edgar,

The source is from www.historicalwarmilitariaforum.com/ Kriegsmarine Feldgrau Shoulder Straps By Eduardo D.

Cheers, Morten.

1 hour ago, LarryT said:

I agree.

Cheers,

Larry

Thanks for comment My friend!

Cheers,Morten.

Edited by nesredep

When I read the information about the "K", both on the internet and in my books, I would consider it safe to conclude that it is assumed to be "Kanal" based troops, but this is not (yet) supported by any Kriegsmarine regulation or official order.

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 15:35, Odulf said:

When I read the information about the "K", both on the internet and in my books, I would consider it safe to conclude that it is assumed to be "Kanal" based troops, but this is not (yet) supported by any Kriegsmarine regulation or official order.

Hi Odulf,

Thanks for Great information!

Cheers,Morten.

• 4 months later...

Another interesting portrait, with information.

We see a Maschinen-Obermaat of the 1. Komp. Marine-Stabsabteilung Festungskommandantur LS Gotenhafen [1st Coy Navy Staff Unit of the Garrison Administration Gotenhafen - presenty named Gdynia], the photo is dated 5 April 1940. Interesting to note the crossed anchors below the letter "O" (for "Ostsee"), the early style cap with woven roundel and oak leaves. Also interesting to see his ribbon bar, which denotes that he is from Austria, with 2 medals for bravery in the Great War.

KM_-_342x-_Msch_Ob_Mt.Karl_Jacob_Mar._Stabssbt,_Fest.Kmdtr.Gotenhfn_.jpg