News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

Will you please help me to identify these two orders laying on top of the Turkish Mecidi Sash.

I think the top one is: der Königlicher Kronen-Orden mit Schwertern- the Royal Order of the Crown with swords. Is it possible that the second one is the order of this breast star? What about the white ribbon with blue and black lines,  Does it belong to the order?

Thanks for your help

Demir

IMG_9913.PNG

The other one is a Bavarian Military Merit Cross (Bayerische Militar Verdienst kreuz). I don'tknow the grade, but check the German topics in this forum. The White, blue and Black ribbon belongs to this award.

I think herman meant the Bavarian Military Merit Order on the war merit ribbon. The military merit cross is a lower award without any enamel. It looks like a 1st or 2nd class if it is meant for wear around the neck (the ribbon looks like a neck ribbon). Militar-Verdienstorden am Band fur Kriegsverdienst :)

Chuck

Demir,

the order was indeed established in 1866, and the last number looks more like a 6 to me; compare it with the 1 in front. The picture shows the reverse side of the order. The front side has the motto MERENTI.

Regards,Pieter

Hello Gentlemen,

These are the Orders of the victorious Halil Kut Pasha (Stepbrother of Enver Pasha). I think  he received these after he won the battle in Kutü-l Amare against the British. The Miltary Museum is preparing a 100th year exhibition of this battle and they found these from one of his relatives. I will post the closeups when I receive them.

Thanks again and best wishes

Demir

14 hours ago, pieter1012 said:

Hi Demir,

Sorry to put this here, but I see you are the host on Turkish orders. I have a question on the order of the Medjidie that I posted in the Turkish section, perhaps you can take a look. thanks, Pieter

Hello Pieter,

I am sorry to inform you that I don't know any supplier of this kind. :speechless:

On the other hand, honestly, I don't think that we could find a firm which has the original velvet for these boxes. 

With my best wishes

Demir

PS: May be our friends who will be reading this can help  

Demir.

Reading O'Connor book on Aviation Awards of Imperial Germany in World War 1 he states the Crown Order  has four classes "1st Class, with the badge worn on a sash and an eight pointed silver breast star".  Sounds like your badge in the picture as the 2nd class was a rhomboid breast star.

Am not an expert on award regulations, but would they award the star without the badge??

Experts, Anyone??

cheers, ;)

Chuck

The first class of the Crown Order always had a sash badge,light blue sash and eightpointed breaststar. In case of an award with swords, the sashbadge would have swords between the arms, and on the star as shown in picture one. Here a picture of a civilian first class set of the Crown order I have. I took the sash out of the case so the colour can be better regognized.

regards, Pieter

P1020704.JPG