News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A chance in 50 000 000 ... or I am crazy....

What are the chances of finding a photo of a specific junior officer with the 10s of millions of Photos out there?

Related to this tunic...

Here are 2 pics that came with the tunick... a WW1 pic and a WW2 pic....a4.jpga3.jpga7.jpg

Then I got a group photo wit this face in it....a5.jpg

Narrowing it down to the same Battalion staff, his WW2 Wehrpass and Writing on tha8.jpga9.jpge wall in the photo

Bingo!

... I think you have the same man.

I once bought a Militaerpass of a Flammenwerfer in a Sturmbataillon. About a year or more later I found the Soldbuch of the same man at an entirely different source. 

Chris,

this from the "Personal-Nachrichten des Heeresabwickelungsamts Bayern für das Jahr 1919" (Edition 30 of 16 June 1919 with effect 30 May 1919) gazetting Felix Pienßel's Patent of promotion to Leutnant der Reserve as of 13 March 1917.

Regards

Glenn

pienßel.jpg

Hi,

Indeed. I once had a stroke of luck in the same way Naxos did and had an EK1 and EK2 document reunited by chance, but the photos were even a longer shot, simply because the tunic and docs have been a collection for quite some time, and the other photo came from totally elsewhere.... one of tens of thousands on Ebay.... if he did not have such a distinctive face there would have been no chance....

:cheers:

Good job!  I love it when photo(s) of the gent can be found. 

This match was helped by the "writing on the wall" ?!... Metaphorically and literally you were going to put this photo group back together.  :lol: 

4 hours ago, Claudius said:

:cheers:

Good job!  I love it when photo(s) of the gent can be found. 

This match was helped by the "writing on the wall" ?!... Metaphorically and literally you were going to put this photo group back together.  :lol: 

Hi,

It is possible that this photo was never his.... as a group photo it could have come from the albums of any of the men in the photo, making it an ever longer shot.....