News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

That slippery slope has GOT MEEEEEE..... helllp!

• Replies 50
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is his photo from the wehrpasse and page 3 from the Militarpasse

Hope you Gents have enjoyed my latest madness...i know i have! :beer:

Comments welcome!

And i will try to post closeups of anything you need to see...

Kind regards

Paul

New Zealand

Thanks Don,

Yes its certainly lots of fun!...i sorta like the items from the blokes who did the actual grunt work...it meant that they actually earnt these medals...not like some rear echelon office types who just ass licked to get theirs...:)

its only the last months accumulations...so there is more in the actual collection... :)

you have some pretty nice stuff in your collection too!

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Paul

Guest Rick Research

Hesse certainly had an ODD war... Does his Milit?rpass entry for "awards" confirm that his Bavarian MVK3XmKr was a SINGLE "first time" award? He was only an Unteroffizier, and normally that would have been a 'second time around" for anyone of his rank. So he did something special, as a non-Bavarian to get that! His Dividsional Level issued EK2 is also far above the usual handed out at battalion.

His post-WW1 papers indicate he was in the accounting officer of an "Internment and Homecomers Camp" so the poor stateless (or didn't want to go "home") flotsam and jetsam and incoming ex-POW Germans got processed in and out through the same gates!

Hi Rick,

Thankyou for your comments, i am always glad to learn more about the 'Man'

Yes the Militarpasse shows a single entry for the MVK

So you are saying that normally the soldier would get the MVK mit schwertern first before the Crown?

Yes his EKII was at Divisional level as it is signed in pencil by a Generalleutnant

The papers from post war....what are they saying about him? i was led to beleive that they were letters of commendation..

any ideas on the pink slip??

His militarpasse shows him all over the front, with entries for St Quentin, Cambrai, Antwerp, Somme, Ubre,Luce, Artios, La Havre....

Promoted Obergefreiter 21/10/15

promoted Unteroffizier 10/11/15 wow! that was quick! after the last promotion!

A favorite group of mine!

Thanks to the other Gents for their nice comments too!

Cheers

Paul

The pink slip is a paper that in WW2 was handed out to those in "Unabk?mmlichkeitsstellung", meaning they were indispensable in their civil occupation and thus not drafted into the Wehrmacht. It basically says which Wehrmeldeamt they belong to.

Great group!

Chris

Sorry, after that last incident where Rick R was found to be waving kittens over the subject and muttering in Frainch, backwards...... no such services are being held...

Give in to the dark side and embrace your destiny..........

Gents,

More! the slope is such fun!

Here is a Bavarian 1866 medal with Austrian Trifold ribbon...Nice!

And a nice 2 place pre 1900 bar.....also very nice!

Also a nice Single parade Spange for the War merit cross...

I just love these single bars!

The 1866 on an original ribbon is quite a nice find... Pre-1900, you'll find a substantial number of German awards on tri-folded ribbon mounts. A fashion statement perhaps.... very prevalent amongst Saxons pre-1900 with even some minor carry-over into WW1.